How long do you wait?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Cause They're Big, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Cause They're Big

Cause They're Big New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansas
    I fish the Arkansas most, and I was wondering how long you guys would sit in a spot when it is up and rolling like it is now.When you set up on a likely spot, how long till you decide to leave? I usually sit about a half hour with no bite before I'm ready to move, but I've been told that I move too quickly. What do you think?

2. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I know I'm probably different than most but my max time on a hole without a bite is 15 minutes. If they don't hit within that time, I move to another spot. Of course I'm looking for more agressive fish. Sometimes, I may hit several spots before I find active fish. When that happens, I will usually go back to the spots that didn't produce and give them another chance. This method seems to work good for me.

3. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    Since it takes me a while to get the anchors set and get the boat in the position i want we usually give it 1 hour to a 1 1/2 then move to another spot. Shep

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I will usually sit about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If the river up and rolling I'll find a spot in some backwater.

5. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I'll sit 30 minutes but actually if they aren't biting withing 20 the chances of one hitting are getting slimmer by by the minute. I can only think of one time one bit at the 30 and tht was just as I picked up the rod to reel it up.

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    30 is about right for me when i'm using skips:tounge_out: and shad:confused2: but when i am feeding them punch bait:crazy: 15 minutes should produce fish....and usually more than one:cool2:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I agree with Big Sam on this one. The 30 minute rule is what we go by weather we are tournament fishing or recreational fishing.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    im mostly bank fishing and use 1/2 skipjack for bait so i stay in 1 place all nite.when flathead fishing i know they are there so i stay all nite.when fishing for eaters out of my boat i move every 20 to 30 min.

9. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Onl lakes I'm pretty agressive about finding active fish. If no bites in 10 -15 minutes or no fish by 15-20 I'm moving.

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I move in 30min. if I dont get a good bite