How long do you fish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bumper, Aug 5, 2009.

How long do you fish when you go catfishing?

1. under 2 hours

2. 2-4 hours

3. 4-6 hours

4. 6-8 hours

5. 8-10 hours

6. 10-12 hours

7. over 12 hours

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was wondering how long everyone fishes when they go catfishing.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Because its tidal water I work em both. 10-12 for me. LOL!

3. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i voted 8 to 10 hours, but thats when i have work the next day, on weekends i usually go over 12,, ocasionally up to 24 if the bite is good

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Somebody has to wake me up to tell me its time to leave and go home.:sad2:

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I put 10-12 because that is probably average. There are those times that If will launch fish all day, sleep on the boat wake up and fish all day and night again without ever leaving. Usually I have to work so I can't fish nearly as long as I like. Ideally my trips would be 100+ hours at a time!

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I voted the 10-12 hour range too but I'm known for fishing a few days in a row. Ive spent many hours sleeping on the deck or in the back of my jeep...thank God for loud clickers, LOL.

7. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    It depends on the situation. Most of the time it's only 4-6. It's usually until we either run out of bait, have as many fish as we want to clean, or conditions change (gets too hot, wind changes, storms coming in, etc).

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    As long as I can .

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Really depends on my reason for "fishing". If I just want to get away and spend time by myself I may be out all day. If I have the Grandkids with me then I want to get them on fish and back home before they get bored. I voted 6-8 as I guess that's about average. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

10. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i didnt vote cause i fish as long as i possibly can and the time varies. my job gives me issues with my fishing trips even if its just a short trip. but my schedule is getting ready to change so i might my able to start fishing more.

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I usually lose myself when I'm out fishing..I lose all sense of time..I also spend the day catching bait first then I get into the serious fishing..When I lived in Louisiana I would go to the camp for the weekend and fish the whole weekend..

12. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Les said it well I get lost for hours and next thing I know its been several hours. No phones or people to bother you love it.

13. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Kinda depends on the bite an the weather here. Seen times I'll fish 6-8 hours an other times 4-6 hours.

14. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Depends on wether or not they are biting and how quick I run out of bait. I used to LOVE pulling all nighters but getting a little older now and not doing that as much as I did when I was 16-18 years old.
    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN FISHIN' !!!:cool2:

15. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Never less than 4 and usually around 6 to 8 hours.I always believe in the next 5 minutes the biggun is gonna hit.:big_smile:

16. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I voted 8 to 10. I,m married and fish with my wife though,sometimes she lasts that long,sometimes she don,t. :roll_eyes:

17. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I said 4 to 6 but it all depends weather,heat,fish and luck:wink:

18. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I usually wind up with about 4 hours in the morning if I'm at the lake with the family. Then eat lunch and go party for a few more hours then back out on the lake for another 2-4 hours. If I'm by myself about all day, but my boat is small and dont have room for a lot of stuff, so it depends how much I can pack that day

Also my grandparents just got a place at texoma, so once I get a little more used to the lake itl be 24/7 just come back for food and bathroom

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  19. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I usually put in 12 or more hours. I got at 4 pm and get bait, then run up river and fish from 6pm til around noon the next day. If it is cooler out it may take me 24 or more hours to call it quits. We just have a good ol time.

20. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i put 8-10 down because that is about my average... i work a lot so when i get an evening off or some free time i may run down and fish a few hours (2-4) but when i can i will fish 12+.