How long are your noodles

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by justwannano, Jul 25, 2007.

1. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Not much more to say.
    The first ones I made I just cut the thing in half.
    I guess someone thought it was pretty good because they both disappeared out of the boat.
    Anyway its time to make some more.

I've got to admit I've tried jugging a few times and have never caught a thing with them. True fisherman that I am(cough cough)I'll keep trying.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bob check out the BOC library on making up jugs useing noodles. Good Info. Also in this day and time if you leave something in your boat, it will be gone, Sad Day.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I like to break them in half when I make spaghetti so their more managable when eating.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Sir,
    The length of my noodle is a private matter and not a subject suitable for a public forum...W:eek:oooh:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Bob, the way i made mine i cut the noodle into 3 pieces. You will end up with approximately 18 inch sections. I cut 1 inch pvc pipe into 24 inch lengths. I slid the pvc into the noodle and put a cap on one end then screwed an eye bolt into the center of the cap. I put a 6 inch piece of rebar inside to make the jugs flag then put a 1 inch T on the other end of the noodle. I put reflective tape on the T to see them at night. Slide the noodle all the way down against the T and put about 2 rounds of grey tape on the end of the noodle closest to the T. Your line will attach to the eye bolt and when you roll them up for storage bring the line down and wrap it around one end of the T then just start rolling it up around the T between the T and the noodle as you get to your hook or hooks put them into the grey tape section of the noodle. I use 5 oz. bank sinkers tied to the end and when I get to it I drop it inside the T and use the rebar keep it in place for storage. That should be about as clear as mud:smile2: pm me if you have any questions.

6. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    After trying a good many different length and diameters, my preference is 2 1/2" diameter X 11 1/2" long. This size is easy to store and transport.