how kool were you in high school?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by baitchunker, Feb 28, 2008.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats a pretty misleading title. i actually just noticed that my rep points had gone up. i didnt catch that for some reason. i never recieved the lil messages or whatever. slowly, but surley i am figuring this thingy out.

i feel like Mcdonald's.... over one million sold.

so for all you faithful customers with growing backsides and clogging veins, i hereby promise that i use the highest quality free range posts available. no sick pig guts, no mad hefer disease. and all of the "fishing fries" have been made by vegetables (mostly potatoes) grown in your home state.

p.s. dont be jealous girls, you could be next.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Don't know how cool I was in high school JD. Do know that if you could get the Gal at the drive-in to lean in the car to get her money when she picked-up the window tray it could get interesting. She never knew what she might get for a tip.

Ya can't eat those reps though. They are like the napkins put on that tray so you could wipe the ketchup and other things off your fingers. They don't flush well either, and somebody is always scooping ya out to make sure you have the legal amount.

Were all yours legal? Mad heifer disease threads and posts are not reppable. That should be posted in the rules and regulation of this secret society.

Congrats anyhow. Ya never know when ya might need 'em for bail.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i dont think i was very kool back then. i was in the thick of things for sure. but, it wasnt popularity as much as noteriety (sp?). i made it a point to cut most all of my high school classmates and running buddies out of my life after high school. the odd thing is i constantly get phone calls or have run-ins with ppl who act like we were best of chums. yeah, tippin' cows (never worked out well) and playin' ball were lots of fun back then. but, not so much these days. oh well, it will be interesting to study these almost strangers and see if they have evolved, adapted, or remained constant.

4. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    If I remember high school correctly, I never really paid that much attention
    to whether or not I was popular. I floated in and out of various groups with
    a sort of mild indifference. I went out for sports, but nobody thought of me
    as a jock. I was an actor that didn't seem to fit in with the acting types.
    I wrote poetry good enough to be considered for publication but was not
    a literary notable. I didn't hang out with people after school because I was
    expected to be home directly afterwards. Guess I wasn't much of a kid
    ever. I liked talking to the spit and whittle club on the courthouse lawn.
    Those were some fellas that had earned their place long ago and could
    tell stories about the real hard times and what they did to the folks that
    managed to get through them. I remember being twelve and wishing that
    I could be sixty. Guess I've always been a little odd...

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i was the big fat guy in high school who wasnt cool, but i seemed to know everybody. now when i go home on leave, i am 75 lbs lighter than i was then and no-one recognizes me. i wasnt a cool kid persay, but i hung out with diffrent people. i wasnt much of a prtier, but i did go out and cause hell every once in a while. its a whole diffrent ball game now. i was the quite guy then, but now, if i hang out with people i knew then, they all think i am crazy. guess thats what happens when you join the corps and your buddies are all as crazy as you are.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I always thought I was cool. But as I look back now some 30 yrs later I don't think I was very cool at all. I think I was probably looked at as a jerk or fool. I was asked quite often as someone was about to light up. Hey man are you cool? My reply was always yeah man I'm cool. Nowadays cool has a whole new meaning for me. Its cool in here tonight...honey have you seen my slippers..LOL :cool2:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yea, during the two years I spent in high school I thought I was cool. I dated older girls, skipped classes, smoked Camels and drank white lighting. :embarassed: I didn't realize how stupid I was until I got in the Air Force.

8. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I guess I was popular or as said previously maybe it was just notorious.I was kinda like Olefin but I chased the bottle and herb more than anything.Skipped school slept wherever I passed out on the way home (theres some stories there).Went to the Army got busted up (acting stupid and got hurt) and didnt learn a thing.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    it aint cool trying to get me to remember over 35 years ago.
    Cool then aint cool now.
    For the short time I was in H.S. I had a motorcycle and a job. how cool is that. :wink:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I weren't cool at all,Wore a big ole black stetson and 16" tall top riding boots with dogger heels [pants legs tucked in ] of course. I was a cowboy an that weren't cool . Ya had to be a jock . I did have a beautiful 58 Ford f100 truck tho.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hmmmm lets see I was 4 inches shorter and overweight and extreamly shy with the ladies, I wasnt very kool LOL. I was popular in a way I guess I hung out with the heads and jocks but was more of a head. Couldnt fight my way out of a wet paper bag I was a very depressed individual but didnt show it too much (at least I think). I had a pretty good time in highschool but I was one of those that could have gone very wrong.

What helped me was singing in Choir/Mens Glee and our Ensamble. I didnt get picked on or told how much of a loser I was and supposedly I could sing. I have a decent voice but it was far from great. But that was my out besides the herb.

Once I got out of school I went into the Navy and had a great time there and that helped me get out of my funk for the most part.

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I guess it all depends on how you define cool. If you define being cool by being a "jock" then I guess I was pretty cool. I played Baseball,Basketball,and Football when I was in High School,and if I must say so,was pretty good at all 3 of them. I don't like to brag about myself,but I do pride myself in telling the truth.

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I'm not sure how much I payed attention to being cool five or six years ago. People may have thought I was cool or they might have thought otherwise. What I do know is that chasing girls around became the coolest new thing for me. They must have thought I was somewhat cool...i'll stop there.

I guess I was pretty cool.

14. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I didnt think I was cool, I didnt try to be, saw myself more as average, maybe a lil quiet to people that didnt know me. Strange thing though, later on after graduating, and marriage, and kids, word got back to me through reuniting with some old friends that some of the really "HOT" popular "Foxes", thought I was cool and wished I had asked them out. I was too shy to ask, thought they were out of my league. They thought I was stuck up for not talking to them. Was I cool, and didnt know it? :beat_brick:
    Why didnt somebody tell me! :ah::ah::ah:

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i went to a rural arkansas highschool fresh from the city with hair half way down my back and i stuck out like a sore thumb:smile2:.

i never thought i'd be as different from everyone else till i got off the bus that first day and made my way through the doors and to the principals office .
    the look on his face will be emblazoned in my mind for life .
    i managed to make it through my freshman year with about 3 good fights and
    finally managed to gain the respect of most of my classmates .
    i thought i was a cool cat but i was probably the only one that did:wink:.
    i really liked the FFA and thought i was really cool wearing the nifty blue jacket !!!

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I just watched my son work his way thru High School and remembered my days. And felt a sadness as the kids today are so many the teachers don't know all their names; as was common when I went to school. That was cool.
    I wasn't cool. Had a job and a motorcyle also. No time to be cool.
    :smile2:

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont know how kool I was, but I worked at a ski resort,from the age of 15 and could get deals on ski rentel so I always had lots of friends.smokey

18. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

I was the polar opposite of cool........ in fact there was cool & then there was me!!!:eek:oooh:

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know how cool i was but i thought i was.had a black leather jacket switch blade knife and a bsa goldstar motorcycle.crowd i ran with is all dead and gone now so i guess im lucky i had to go in the service at age 19.all things being equal if i had bee in school now i probably would be dead.

20. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    to think all these years i thought i was a lil different. seems like most all of yall have something in common with me from those days. i played baseball-football, but i wasnt a jock. i had rich friends/poor friends. heads and prayer club types. interesting.

i never expected to get all of these responses. i figured most of yall would think it was an immature topic. just goes to show you that ppl are pack animals in one form or fashion.

thanks for the replies yall.