How is the fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by mtrimble, Nov 15, 2006.

1. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Just wondering what you all are catching right now. Approximate location. Time of day. Species of fish. Depth. Types of bait. ect ect.

So how's the fishing in Oklahoma? This is my favorite time of year. Thanksgiving almost here and I usually drive off aways and fish all of that weekend. Any idea's?

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Matt,

I haven't done much fishing in the past couple of months. I've been spending most of my free time deer hunting. In the next few weeks I should be back into the fishing mode.

3. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Fished the deep water(20-30ft)on Kerr lake last sunday with DK punch and shad.Only caught 17 blues and channels(very windy)2-5lbs:cool2:

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Fished the Ar. river by the house on suday...Fish were in the back-up waters 2-8ft deep..they were hitting anything you threw at them....caught over 30 total...10-11lb blue and 9lb channel cat was the biggest...most were 3-5lbs:tounge_out:

5. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Try as I may, I just can't get anything to bite here in my office. :tounge_out: I gotta get out more!

6. rbaggerly

rbaggerly New Member

State:
    OKC Area, Oklahoma
    Only had a few minutes today and tried didn't get one bite. So no luck from me.

7. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Where are you fishing Randy? AT Arcadia the cats are biting in the deep water now... all day long. No luck at night. Daytime, especially when the sun is low, is catfishing heaven. Id say Im catching them in about thirty feet. Fresh bloddy shad suspeneded off the bottom about a foot.

8. davy51

davy51 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I hit the arkansaw river below Keystone dam just before the snow moved in
    got a 20lb flathead on night crawlers a 15lb blue on cheese
    also got 8 largemouth on nightcrawlers
    havent been back since the snowfall

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Matt, where do you fish on Arcadia the most? What kind of cats are in there? My uncle lives RIGHT ON the lake, and we go down there now and then for a visit. If the fishing is good enough, I am thinking about pulling the camper down next time and fish while we are down there. My uncle and cousins do not fish (I don't tell many people that:wink: ) they just water ski and boat on the lake mostly. I have always wanted to fish it, just never have. At least I THINK it is Arcadia they live on, it is in Edmond, off of 15th St. exit when you are on I35. Is that even the same lake?

As for your question, my brother and I fished Kaw lake 3 weekends ago, caught 3 blues around 5 lbs. All in about 4' of water. Tried a bunch of deeper spots, never got a shake. Drifted across some mud flats and had several.:confused2:

10. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Yea Arcadia is the lake we both are refering to. I fish it two or three times a week on average sometimes four or five. It depends on the time of year. The cats were biting near the dam but it has been slow this week. Im gonna have to get my butt out of bed and try early morning. All three catfish species are in there. 53 lbs blue was pulled out of there a few days ago. I consistantly catch blues and channels in the 5-15 lb range. I noodle it during the summer. If the cats are slow you can always catch crappie. Overall, it is a pretty good fishing lake. If you are ever out there send me a message and Ill give you a holler since Im out there all the time. lol

11. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Been thinking of moving to the city after the first of the year not sure where yet. But really thinking seriously about it. If so I cant wait to try some new fishin spots out.

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Mostly walleye or pike this time of year and a little North of us it's Steelhead! Slowing down though, I didn't catch a thing yesterday!

13. mekkofishes

mekkofishes New Member

State:
    TX
    I live in Edmond, and I was wondering if you do any good with catfish at Arcadia lake? :0a23: :0a35:

14. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i go out and fish the dam somtimes