How is the fishing on the Red lately?

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bassadict69, Jun 25, 2006.

1. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    Just wondering if the fishing has picked up yet on the river...Last I read, noone was doing much good.

I have browsed through the other river thread & had a hard time finding any reports so I thought I would ask here. Hope that is ok!

2. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey James,
    The fishing is starting to pick up a little as far as cats. Night time and early morning seems to be the best.

3. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    Thanks Alsey! My wife has been wanting to go , but between a full time job, part time job, & school , my time is pretty well spent & I want to make sure they have started biting before I take the time off to go.

We usually do pretty good out of Teague during the heat of the summer just drifting the bottom with cut shad.

4. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC James,The fishing is starting to pick up but I didn't have any luck last night except for a few dinks which became supper tonight...:lol:

5. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Hey James, we set some lines this past weekend and Had some problems. The oxygen levels in the river must be low cause everything we had below about 15 ft was dead when we got there early the next morning. I would fish those flats at teague if I were going to go anywhere. Good luck!