How is the Fishing around Newburgh?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Leiter, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Leiter

Leiter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My sister has recently moved to Newburgh, She told me they have a dam. I'm curious how the fishing is in that area? She has two little boys I sure would love to get hooked onto some fish. Thanks In advance. Josh Leiter.

2. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    I have only been there once, but it seems that there is a lot of bank space there. The are just below the dam is really deep. I marked a few 90ft holes and it is pretty turbid. Be safe if you go out ini a boat.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Was there just yesterday and water is flowing over the wall. Right now river stage is at 30' and it looks like it could be as far as Wed before its back down to normal.

Yes, there is a 90' hole just down from the dam, but its dangerous when the river is up. Drift fishing is good during normal pool.

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    send some of us a pm when your coming into town some time an maybe one of us could hook up an take you out there is a few of us from around there

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    2nd that:big_smile:

6. Leiter

Leiter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I planned on bank fishing it. I never fished the Ohio River before, I'm really excited to get down there to fish..I mean visit.LOL. I'm driving down on the 26 of this month and planned on staying all weekend. Thank you all for you Info, and advice.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats the gathering weekend dude, slide on over if you can swing it.

8. HAWG SEEKER

HAWG SEEKER New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that sound cool, but i'll be fishing from shore. would i need a med-heavy rod. would i be able to get to the dam on foot.is there bue's in the area.

9. whiskerfisher

whiskerfisher New Member

State:
    IN
    You can fish by the dam, if you don't mind walking on the large rocks on the bank, its a good spot to fish, throw shad at the end of the dam wall and wait. Lots of big blues caught there with shad. Lot of good bank fishing if you go south on Yankeetown rd. fish down toward Alcoa by the moorings. Good luck !!!