How is the fishing around chickahominy?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by muzkrat, Jun 24, 2007.

1. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    heading up that way next week and would like to know whats going on with the fishing. last time i was there we caught crabs and had good luck fishin with them. what is everyone else useing.

2. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i fish the james river in surry, its very close to the the chickahominy. when ever im up there i use little bits of squid to catch some little fish. cut those up and wait for the blues. with the cut bait you can expect a few fairly large puppy drum, depending on the time of the year.

3. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    thanks for the info. i want to fish the surry area. i heard there was some good fishing to be had there. i have a friend who knows the surry area and is going to show me a couple spots so hope to hit it soon. heading out to buggs island lake tommorrow. have not dipped a hook in a couple weeks now so looking forward to getting on the water. i have a fillet from a 10 lb blue caught at the coast i am going to try for cut bait. never used it before but they are so oily i am thinking it might make a good cut bait for cats. thanks again for the info and good luck on you rfishing. james