How is the Fishing Across North Carolina???

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jul 10, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    How is it going around the state folks?

Things have slowed down for me on Wylie both in numbers and size. I am catching about 75% of what I was both in weight and numbers from April and May.

Just curious how it is everywhere else.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    wyliecat your doing good if you still catching 75 percent. ive got 10 of the next 25 percent but things have been tuff at badin. have heard of a few nice fish being caught but not by me. plenty of bait and no fishes. got high hopes for last part of july anyway.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

For me the fishing has been picking up some. I have been fishing in my newly found holes and it just keeps getting better.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Is anyone fishing the Neuse out of New Bern .I have a good friend that moved there from NJ and he is wanting to start cat fishing in a serious way.He has a great 23 ft center console and was primarily a salt water guy.I know there are some BOC sters that fish that river and he would be happy to meet up with someone that could show him the way.:big_smile:

5. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jim,
    I think his 23 ft. CC would be too big for that piece of water. I think JayNC has said that the water is rarely over 2 ft. deep anywhere you go around Neuse in New Bern. Might want to check with Jay or Tammi about that area.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Its got to be deeper than that because there are 60-90ft yachts tied up in the waterfront marina!I think he meant further upriver.

7. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    O ok well in that case I think his 23 ft. would be ok in that stretch of river then. It probably gets deeper closer to the coast.

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    fishing down here has been horrible

9. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Been slow for me lately, but that can change anytime. Seems like it picked up some last year mid july and in august. We will see in the morning.

10. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    we fish all the time outta new bern.Be glad to show him were and what to use.His boat would be fine there.Fishing has slowed a little because of high water and the current is pouring but that should be slowing down soon.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I wasn't getting anything here on Lake Gaston, until I started using slip bobbers set at 10-15ft deep. Now I'm catching Blue's like crazy, it's all about the thermocline right now, use slip bobbers!

12. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    not to good on high rock right now went sat night and only caught 3 that was about 8 inchs

13. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Water is full pond on Yadkin chain noy much water being pulled through the dams right now for any good cat action. Iv been doing reel good crappie fishing at night on High Rock.

14. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I went out for the first time at night in a few weeks last night and we found some big fish. Rodger Taylor and myself fished some shallows from dark til about midnight. No big numbers, but we did manage five channels in the 5-7 pound range and then two dink white cats.

I guess if you are not going to catch a lot of fish, then catching some 5-7 pounders will make up for it.