How is it in your neck of the woods?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 28, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ice, sleet, and now snow! Temps. are starting to drop, 34 to 29 now! And im sure its gonna freeze everything up around here soon. I hope we don't lose power, alot have already, but the trees are really starting to sag! How is it where you are? Heres a few pics.. Yall stay warm, and take care......rollo

Attached Files:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jason Im near Polaris (for work) and its still snowing although not as big flakes. If I were home I would have no Cable/Internet/Phone so I guess being at work is good LOL.

Got about 4 - 5 inches of that crappy stuff where I work

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    we are pretty much clear of it,another hour or so,you should be out of it too,rollo.i had a fun trip home from work last night.
    they were calling for 2/10ths an inch of ice here,then changed it to appr an inch.county ran out of salt,we are a mess.but,at least they got the first of the snow off the roads so the ice could fall directly on them,then the snow earlier could fall on the ice and make it absolutely as slick as snot on a brass door knob.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We cold here in Iowa-they got it south and north with ice ...I got maybe 3/4 inch of fluff so I am thanking my lucky starz...Man that ice blows I feel fer ya all and glad we aint in the same shoes-shoo-wee:eek:oooh:try to stay warm be safe ya all!

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    We got around 5 to 6 inches of snow then freezing rain all last night then now snow on top of it. Its been snowing all day. I went out and bought val a 4x4 Expedition yesterday morning. Boy and was it perfect timing.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Heres some pics.

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    we pretty much look the same here,except we look like we got a little more ice.

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    we pretty much look the same here,except we look like we got a little more ice.

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    oops,i hate when i do that.seems like it hiccups and i jump the gun,lol

10. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i just got back had to take daughter to hospital in mansfield for pre op tests, had a nice lil 60 mile drive, most of the roads werent plowed yet when we went, getting ready to go out and start shoveling driveway now lol, we had 6 or so inches of snow with some ice

11. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We got about 5 or 6 inches of snow on top of the 3 or 4 we already had on the ground, then about 1/2 inch of ice, and then about 4 or 5 more inches of snow... ugh.

Good thing my neighbor has an ATV w/ a blade and loves to play with it... also had work call me up at 7 this morning to say we were closed - first time in 5 years!

12. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well here in north dayton iv got about 12" of the white stuff.

13. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    we got 12-1/2 in and ice :crazy:

14. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well I hate it all for you. I was born and rasied in Ohio (Mount Gilead)but moved away when I joined the Army in 1985 and I miss the catfishing, hunting and trapping I used to do up their but other then that you can have all that white stuff and ice.

15. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Got 4-5 inches of snow--no ice but now have bluebird skies.

16. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    We got someplace between 6 and 8 inches of snow, but had 1/4+" of ice in between there at some point ... I cleaned my walks 4 times today ... and the last time was more than my back could take ... now leaning against the heating pad ... with a handful of pills .... Garry-

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Garry, me too! I slipped earlier when I was cleaning the walk off again, felt something pull and now I hurt down through both legs.. Gonna hit the bath tub and the heating pad as well... Hope all goes well for you, its slick outside! Probably should have left the snow on the drive also, you can ice skate now.... rollo

18. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in Elyria and we got about 15 inches on the ground. Some was already there. Temp is dropping quick, guess I'll sort some tackle clean some guns and tie some botom rigs!
    It could always be worse though! Spring aint so far away...olj

19. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    here in xenia we end up with about 9-10 inches of snow and 1 inch of solid ice and from the reports there is another round of the white stuff coming monday that could give the ohio valley area another good pile of snow.

20. UltimateFisherman

UltimateFisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    Here in Barnesville we have about 5"-8 of snow with a nice 1/2" sheet of ice on top of everything. Boy are the tree branches bending and snapping off. It sounds like bricks hitting the roof when big chunks of ice break off. Would like to be ice fishing but weather is not cooperating.