How is it going??

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    How is everyone's waterfowl season going? I have not been this year, it has been opened for a week and have not been. That is the first time in a very long time. Bowhunting has got me pumped for some reason.

2. truman lake guy

truman lake guy New Member

State:
    mo
    duck hunted truman lake in mo sat, 2 of us killed 10 teal.. game warden checked us !!

3. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its been decent up in Northwest MO. The weather being warm gives the birds no reason to really get up and move. But Sunday 3 of us killed limits on a local flooded area. We killed 5 teal, 1 Pintail, 4 gadwall, and 8 Mallards. I thinking sunday being windy got them up and moving a little bit. We need a good cold front to get a new push of birds.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ya, that is what I was thinking. Grand Pass hasn't been real great. So when they get good that is when the rivers start to get good

5. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    We definately got a push of new birds this last few days in northwest, MO. I hunted yesterday and It only took about an hr for 3 of us to kill our Mallards and a few teal. They wanted in bad. How is everyone else doing?

6. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    monday and tuesday were great new birds moved in
    and limits were had wendsday was not as good but
    still managed to get birds in

7. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    A few of my buddies have been going the last couple of days and are still stackin up here in northwest, MO.

8. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    We're doing well here in northwest Ks. New birds and lots of shallow areas are making for good hunting.This is the first time in ages I've been excited about decoy hunting. Found out quick that 3-4 dozen duck dekes and 2 dozen canada makes for an awesome hunt. Now if we could only shoot straighter!!
    As a bonus my 9 year old daughter called in her first flock last Saturday! It was the opener for pheasants but we opted for ducks and geese. Pheasant hunters kept the birds moving which helped us a lot. She called in a flock of 8 mallards, 5 drakes and 3 hens. The drakes stayed for a looong visit!! This little girl is pumped now! Had to go buy her a duck call of her own!

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    slowest start for me in a long time. killing some Green wingers but very few Mallards. Hope this next cool front make it happen, I'm hunting every day this week. :big_smile:

10. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    There is a-lot of wood ducks in the swamps but very few mallards and other species. And still no geese? Sure hope things pick up, this is the poorest season I can recall thus far.

11. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    We are still doing pretty well up here in northwest MO. It is still outstanding, but still killing them. Hunted last sunday on the river up here and killed one shy of our mallard limits. It was pretty hot early, but by 9 am they really had no reason to move, no wind and warm temps. We didn't hardly see any bonus ducks, a few groups of wood ducks and a group of teal or two.

12. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    Not bad so far. Lots of summers ducks. Flight birds just started comin in last weekend. Mallards, pintail, and widgeon

13. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Here is a couple pictures from this years duck season.

Attached Files:

14. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    More Mallards showing up now. A few teal and black ducks. And still a-lot of wood ducks. But water, water every where! Roost seem to be the only real consintration's of birds. And you have to have a nasty day like today to shoot them leagal and was not able to go. It was street light dark today an hour before sunset! Season go's back out again Sat. the weather calls for another nasty day Wen. plan to go then and shoot a roost. Plan on hunting Thurs. and Fri. A.M. Hope the next season will bring the wealth? Still no geese? The geese have not been this rare since they closed the season back in the 80's. And the resident geese have gone metro, heck I think they even get peticures now? They sure as heck hang out at Micky D's and Wal Fart? The new and improved piegon? They must say to the new recruits, heck to the country life, they dont shoot us here, but do shoot each other, and its easier to beg for hand outs than to fly south looking for food, its great! Let me turn you on to a cracker! Then they turn into a cracker head and live the street life, until one day they get to cracker happy and step out in front of a bus!

15. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    We killed a few again over thanksgiving. Still quite a few bonus ducks around. The birds are fairly educated around here, we need a new push of ducks. The way the weather sounds, we should get some new birds throughout this week. Strong Northwest winds coming in tomorrow and temps will be dropping. It might just be a good field weekend. Good Lukc everyone!

16. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    We finally shot some mallards in the Corn Fields today. Sounds like some real nasty weather coming in, problem is its back to work on Monday for me. :angry:

17. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Got covered up by Mallards and Blacks Fri. A.M. alot of fun! The wood ducks seem to have left? And now seeing more big ducks than woods, the teal still seeing about the same but all passing by going somewhere else. Did see several flocks of passing geese Fri. also. A brother at church today told me he had around 200 in a wheat field yesterday and come kill them but both the duck and goose season went out Sat. and will not come back in for 2 weeks! Hopefully things may be better 3rd season?

18. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    We wackem this weekend aswell, both Saturday and Sunday evening. Here is a pic of Saturday's hunt.

Attached Files:

19. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Here is a couple more pictures from this years duck hunts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I don't duck hunt anymore but was deer huntin around Pomme de Terrie lake this weekend and didn't hear any shooting at all. I talked to 2 guys that were duck huntin and they said they didn't fire a shot. The river at the bottom end of the lake looks good but the woods aren't flooded. Seen lots of honkers settin in fields and pastures, but no river chickens.