How is Fall Fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by indiana_fishin, Sep 4, 2005.

1. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    Id have 2 say ive been fishing ever since i could walk but just recently got into it.(really into it)So i cant say ive done much fall fishin.I am gettin a little depressed tho cuz leaves are fallin off the trees and falls basically here(cold wheather bad ;) ).I have not had 1 bite like the last 4 nights(and days)i went.Anybody have any good news about fall fishing?

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    As soon as the water starts to cool a bit more the fish will start to feed heavily ready for winter. Autumn is some of the best fishing of the year. Get ready!!...W

3. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    What metalman said is true espacially if you live in a region where the climate makes a drastic change like PA( where i live) most fish arent that active in the winter so they need to fatten up during the fall. Some people may not like this but smallmouth fishing where i live really heats up in the beginning of the fall......
    "so i hear from others" lol.

4. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    Man im from indiana..fished all over the state&i can assure you that as the water cools youll find yourself catching more and bigger cats. late fall til "ice-on" and pre-spring after"ice out, are the best times to fish for cats, walleye and smallmouth.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I always had good luck in the fall. In my area, cats move to deeper water as it gets colder. I love fall fishing. Good weather to start a fire while on bank. As I get older, I like the cooler weather fishing but not so much the freezing weather. Fish even taste better too me when caught in cooler water.
    Good luck and enjoy.

6. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    These guys ain't lyin!
    Right now just about everything is biteing fattening themselves up for the winter.I'm getting so excited when i go fish i don't know what species to target,LOL I been getting into some excellent smallmouth fishing,stripers been good all summer and show no signs of slowing and now with the cooler temps at night the walleyes are back!
    Was out Sunday afternoon and had no luck with the smallies or stripers so i threw out some chicken livers and man are them channels hittin hard!!!!!!!
    Got about a dozen in a couple hours out of 1 hole and most were 5-7 pounds.

Some days are like that,no action at all and the very next day seems like fishing in a barrel!Don't let it get ya down,get back out and try again cause the fishing can get pretty hot even when its cold outside!

7. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    The Water does begin to stir in the fall.

8. upsmanrichie

upsmanrichie New Member

State:
    Rochester,Pa.
    Fishin in the fall is one of the best times. They are in a feeding frenzy. Don't put away those poles just yet.

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    If You HAVEN'T Fished In The FALL You HAVEn't Fished. Don't Pass Up The Winter Either.

10. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    This weekend brings our first taste of cooler temps for the season and with it comes time to get back into "fishing mode". Went out this morning and for the first time in months put out a few hundred hooks as well as a couple wirenets.
    I concur fully with the other members posts about the fall fishing for sure, the only negative i can think of is that i have to decide rather i want to bowhunt or catfish. hahaha ok ok ok, ill run my trotlines after i spend a few hours in the stand. mmmm deer liver for bait.
    best of luck to you

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If you are fishing from the bank you are at the mercy of whether that stretch of water is where the fish are on that day. If you are in a boat you have the advantage of being able to move around, but sometimes you can spend more time riding than fishing!!

As it gets cooler don't be afraid to fish shallow while the water temps are in the 70-80 degree range, and I am talking 2-3 feet of water. If you are bank fishing then also be careful not to make a lot of noise and have a lot of activity going on because shallow fish can see and feel the noise.

12. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    The fall is a great time to land the big boy's. Use cut blue gills.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I'm gettin some nice size Channels (10 to 15 lbs.) here in Cali, --- out of the California Delta. :006:

This is the best time to fish for big Channels out here. :D

Bert :cool:

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    The cats should be biteing in this cool weather. I think this is the best time to catch em.