How is everyone doing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Foreverdark, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just wondering how all of you are doing fishing this summer? I unfortunately have not been out yet. Looking like the weekend of the 18th will be my first outing of the year. Going camping with my best friend to Mariposa Lake in Jasper county.

I hope all of you are doing good and fishing is doing even better!!

2. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK

man the bite is pretty dead right now with the flatties in the spawn so everybody is really just gearin up for the post spawn action

3. ronniethomas

ronniethomas New Member

State:
    iowa
    been out quite a bit caught a lot of channels none to big, but just hooked on to my first flattie this year last week was prob 8 lbs got me pumped and ready. trying to post a pic dont know if it will work.
    GOOD LUCK BRO

Attached Files:

4. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Hes AT LEAST 8 pounds. Nice fish.

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    haven't been out since the outer edge of prespawn. actually i fished a smaller river two weeks back and caught 3 under-4lb flathead (during the day in open water!) plus a channel. i saw a male channel cat almost get trapped out of the water trying to nest or something of that nature. his head was real beat up and swollen. so the spawn is definitely on if not peaking right now.

6. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I haven't been out yet either.:sad2: Hoping to really soon!:big_smile:

7. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Two weeks ago last night I got into some Flathead getting ready to spawn ... ended up with 8 nice ones totaling just a bit over 50 lbs. Smallest was 4lb 4oz, largest was 8lb 10oz ... I also caught a couple of channels on a rock pile fishing for sunfish for bait, both full of eggs ...

Lat night I only caught one but it was a very respectable 12lb 13oz flattie

Usually I catch 5-6 channels for every flat but this year I've caught more flatties than channels, probably due to not finding very many shad for some reason so I'm using sunfish more than usual

8. CatfishMitch

CatfishMitch New Member

State:
    Cedar Rapids, I
    just got home from fishing a private neighborhood pond near the hospital in dyersville and caught a nice 20 in 4.5 lb channel in the first 5 minutes of being there on sonny's dip bait....best bait around...havent had much other luck this season

9. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I caught alot of channels and one smaller flattie up until about the last week of june nothing since damn spawn

10. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Hope you all will enter the next fish-off, and maybe help some team win.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  11. Bait'n

Bait'n New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went out this past weekend caught 2 Flats. One just over 50 lbs and 4 lbs using bullheads. Gonna hit it hard this weekend if the weather cooperates.

12. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    so far this year i have caught close to 500 pounds of catfish,most being blues.the blues are everywhere up here this year.i have caught 4or5 flatties none to brag about.lots of nice channels i start getting those right after ice is off.

13. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Catman79 what part of Iowa are you fishing and what river?

14. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    north west iowa,sioux city area.big sioux river and the misouri

15. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Caught some alright channels on saturday, finally biting again last ones I caught were back in june.