how is everyone doin?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ncfowler, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Just wondering how you all are doing fishing lately. I notice that our local lake has turned off, I feel that in a short time the lake should turn on, I'm sure all this turn off is due to the weather, and weird fronts we are getting, well just wanted to see if it was our lakes.

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    not just your lake ,sutton lake was dead for me & so was northeast cape fear river last weekend . 4 very small cats,1 eel

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    This weathers keeping them low and that means they are gonna come out popping with eggs and HUNGRY soon!!!

4. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    It can only get better though. later on this month, the bank fishing should get better due to the feeders. I definatly cant wait till this summer, Ive got a whole lot of new things i plan to try out on the bank and hopefully i will be able to get out on a boat again as well.:big_smile:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The cold weather did play a part in the bite. The afternoon seemed to be better this week with the cold overnight temps. After these warm days things should be pick back up.

6. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Jeff we went down to yadkin last sunday,and only caught 1 blue about 3or4 lb,not to good for all day huh..

7. rhodey

rhodey New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I spent about 5 hours at Cane Creek today and got skunked. Still good to get out there though.

8. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Been working on the boat. 6 driftmasters, new wiring, radio, bow mounted troller ( if my cables come in this week to fix it) added storage and made a 120qt cooler into a livewell. Replaced some rollers on the trailer, new taillights, fresh coat of cold galvanizing spray on trailer. Mounted my depthfinder where I can swivel it around. Added another battery and a 12v plug/lighter. Pre fishing tomorrow for a Sat event on the Neuse and to try all the new stuff out..

9. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Wow Brent sounds like you been a busy man. Hope to do some work to my Jon this winter.

10. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Couldn,t get the skunk out of the boat last friday evening on Norman. Lots of boat traffic. I guess I need to wait and go when it's raining again!