HOW IS EVERYBODY DOING ON THE VERDGRIS

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by onebigflathead, Jul 18, 2009.

1. onebigflathead

onebigflathead New Member

State:
    nowata oklahoma
    JUST WONDERING ON HOW EVERYONE ELESE IS DOING UP HERE.:big_smile:

2. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Went out last weekend with gdjeeper runnin jugs, I think we ended up with 5 or 6, biggest was about 15 lb flattie on shad. I'm bout to head up there this evening and fish all night. You done any good lately?

3. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I had friend catch a nice 65lb cat out there not long ago.... Was his personal best.

4. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    How did you do on the river Mud??

Q

5. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Decent... got one blue that was about 30lbs on rod and reel. I was kicked back drinkin beer in the boat after I got all my jugs set and used a leftover shad and baited a rod and just dropped it down below me. Luckily I had the rod secured pretty well, otherwise it'd been gone! Got one flattie bout 4lbs, then a couple of other blues and channels, eatin size.

The shad had definetly moved from last weekend. They were thick in the river last weekend on the surface, so I didn't even bother throwing the net coming out of Big Creek. Got up river and didn't see a school of shad one. Threw and threw, nothing. So it started getting time to get everything baited, so I had to go all the way back up the creek. It was worth the trip, actually got cold last night sleepin in the boat. All I had was a towel to cover up with. Great evening to spend on the water.

6. onebigflathead

onebigflathead New Member

State:
    nowata oklahoma
    when i have had a chance to go ain't done to bad:big_smile: got a 30+ flat a 40+ flat and quite a few blues one 20 and a bunch 2-10 lbs all flats on rod and reel had one troutline out for bout a week not much luck on it tho.