How important are YOU at work?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, May 24, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  2. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    I learned earlier today that I had been traded for a Penn 650 spinning reel with the main bail screw snapped off in the hole, and a Walmart sturdystick rod missing 2 eyes.:angry:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Work??? What is this that you speak of? Its been over 5 years since I could work.
    Thats just a crazy post! Thanks for sharing!!!:wink::big_smile:

4. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    lol takes a special breed of ppls to do my job so i pretty important

out of 11 ppls that work with me (minus the supervisor and forman) there are 2 other ppls that will do my job and only 1 will jump in everytime, the other i have to goad from time to time lol

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    After a slap in the face like that I hope he scores big time in his new league.

6. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    my employee number is 170395. that pretty much says it all. just a number.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anytime I get feeling indispensable, I take a walk through the cemetery. Everyone there thought the world couldn't do without them at one time, also! :eek:oooh:

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I know I am replaceable I just hope the Boss don't figure it out:smile2:

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I gotta ask the boss. Wait I am the boss. He still aint giving no raises.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well im the s^&t untill work gets slow.:smile2:

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They did a time study at our plant when I worked in Michigan. When they did my buddys job, when the results came back they told my buddy that they didnt know why he was there. LOL
    smokey

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I wonder what the inmates would say.LMAO!!!!

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOVE your avatar, flatheadwillie!!! You a blues man?
    BB in SC

14. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    In todays society and economy a mans importance or value at work depends on how much he will bust his a$$ for "da man", not on what he knows, what he can do or has done, or how long he's been at it. So until that changes or my body gives out, I'll still be grindin it out one day at a time at the steel mill.

P.S.
    Can ya'all buy some new cars, fridgerators, microwaves, barn tin, ect, ect. Anything made of steel sheet would be nice. :wink:

15. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    As an engineer, I'm worth exactly one Orion P-3 toilet seat. This is quite a bit more than ten baseball bats.

As clergy, I'm always one bad sermon away from a swift kick in the rear! :smile2:

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Country will be 52 next year....I think I'll trade him off for 2 26 year olds... :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Naw on second thought I guess I might oughta keep him...he knows how to build stuff

While I'm not irreplaceable they could do one heck of lot worse up here! LOL I think they'll keep me for a while.:cool2:

17. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i think the big wigs keep me around so that they feel better about themselves. you know the same way a mediocre single woman hangs out with ah... not so attractive woman.

18. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Just another # on their list. I found out many moons ago that the world would keep going with out me. I'm just a grain of sand on the beach. The bottom line is that I am greatfull for my job.
    PEEDEE CAT

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I ain't sure just how important I am ,But while I took today off on my Memorial weekend . a co worker threw the driveline out of my concrete truck,I know how important HE is to ME at work:smile2:

20. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I am the man at my company, but when I'm workin for someone else I ain't much. I got paid pretty good, but easily replaced, Some things I"m pretty good at compared to others but some things anyone can do. As for my own company, well, I'm pretty good but there is also competition and other factors. While I'm the one and only most important guy there are other companies to compete with and so I'm not always busy. Got 3 jobs to do in the midwest so I'm headed that way after the AZ/CA gatherin at Blythe if I can hold out that long.