How I got my handle

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tinlizzy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. tinlizzy

tinlizzy New Member

State:
    New York
    a few people have asked how i got the nick name tinlizzy, my dad was a truck driver and i spent most of my young years on the road wiht him, I loved it as much as he, plus I was a real tom boy, and my first given name is Elizabeth, so he just started calling me tinlizzy ,and he painted it on the front bumper of his truck, I traveled all over the east coast before i was 11 years old. By the time I was 16 years old my dad had taught me how to drive. There werent many female drivers back then, and I weighed about 85 poundas, the first time we pulled into a truck stop and i got out, there was almost a major accident. we didnt have cb's back then when I was young,but learned a lot of hand signals and so on, so when cb's came out tinlizzy was my handle, and found I was well known in a lot of states, and even got to talk on the radio to a lot of older drivers that had more or less watched me grow up.It was a great life, and I still miss it dearly.

I better get off before splitshot goes into withdrawel from not being on here.Yalk to,ya all later

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    That is a great story behind that nickname. I know you cherish those memories.
    Thanks for sharing that with us!

3. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Great name... cool story too :)

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Great post honey, now get off the Puter!!!!:big_smile: :worship: :0a33:

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Steve, see my post up above to your better half! LOL

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    great post I knew it wouldent take ya long to get with the program glad you did it

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I like this post by Splitshot:tounge_out: ...LOL Have fun Beth and thanks for the great story.:big_smile:

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Now that is one great story behind a name Tinlizzy. Bet you could handle a truck with the best of them.Thanks for sharing and oh yeah WELCOME to THE BOC .Happy to have you among us.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tinlizzy I enjoyed your story and proud you are part of the BOC. Sounds like you have a great heritage. :big_smile: By the way my father owned a Model A Ford he called it his Tinlizzy.

10. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Thanks Beth for sharing your story, its great to share personal stories with other members. Good story and welcome to the BOC.