How I Catch Carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Jun 8, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    apparently i catch carp by trying to catch blue gills...let me rephrase that...i MISS carp while attempting to catch gills on minnow hooks. last 2 times ive been carping ive been skunked..went to catch soem abit the other night and got my hooks straightened on a dead run by 2 carp in a row..just seconds apart not 3 feet in front of me... yeah thats right I am the Carp master HAHA :smile2:

I bet if I had the heavy rig downt here using worms i wouldnt have gotten a nibble.
    "Thats why its FUN Boy!" -my grandpa

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know how you feel. I was trying to target grass carp a few weeks ago. Developed a pack that I thought would work, put a cherry tomato on the hair rig. Lost something good, tried more and kept catching cats on the tomato. Frustrated I decided to try for common carp. Change flavor, pack and hook bait. 5 minutes later I was reeling in a grass carp.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    on a differant note..id like to thank the dozen or so carp i caught on my junky reel...i broke down an bought soem 50 lb spiderwire and decide to respool it...got it loaded up and tied a 1 oz sinker to it to see how it casted in my back yard...first cast i hear*zzzzzzzzKRKRKNK!!!* the inside of my reel came apart BAD..retired is not the word for it lol took it off the rod and put it in a box so maybe i can salvage the braid..shouldnt be an issue there..mayb e time consuming though :tounge_out:

put some more on my other reel and i love it btw

4. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I heard your namesake descrbe this one time: "Matthew, it jest sorta come from together to apart somehow!"

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that would be about perfect for describing this.....this.....diahrhea of gears and grease