How Hot is too Hot?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by deadly_legend, Sep 13, 2008.

1. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Well I was wondering, how hot is too hot to fish for you all? Right now it is 92 degrees and I'm wanting to fish since my mom wont let me fish after-dark (thats if im alone) so i cant fish when the time is right, but, what temperature do you not go fishing in?

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    LOL I live in the desert and if I only went fishing when it was under 92 I wouldn't do much fishing. The heat can be beat! You have to prepare and condition yourself. Don't just take alot of water, Consume lots of water, before you go and while your out there, not just when you get thirsty sometimes that's too late. Also if you can sit your chair in the water then you have it made as long as your using sunscreen. Big ol dorky hats and loose light colored clothing are a must. Use your brain and you can manage it. I have fished along the river when 120+. You have to get used to it though so if your in the A/C all day normally then going outside on a hot day can be dangerous. If you put your mind to it you can probably think of a place or 2 that have shade for you and all you need to do is keep yourself hydrated.

3. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Its never to hot or cold for me........:wink:

4. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    It's never too hot for catfishing. We've fished this summer when it was well above 100 degrees and the water temps between 92 to 94 degrees as well. We were still catching fish in less than 3 foot of water when it was this hot during the day. Get out there and get you some!

5. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    me and my wife been out there when it was so hot we was dipping water out of the river and pouring it on our heads to cool down guess it is what you can handel

6. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    meh, i was sick all last week, and i didnt know if i should be fishing :embarassed: which sucks, but i went anyway, no luck, but i did get blinded by the reflection of the sun off the water

7. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    you mite have to get you some cheap sun glasses and be careful

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The main thing is to keep your body cool and drink plenty of water

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I caught some of my best fish this summer during the 100 degree heat wave and I :big_smile:caught as many during the night on trot lines

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    What a nice cool day for fishing! Lots of times when I'm fishing, it's not only so hot I frequently dip my hat in the water to try to keep my head cool, but I have to pour water onto the metal seat beside me before I can scoot over to the other side...the water steams when it hits the metal, too. It also surprised me how hot the water can be and the cats still bite. I used to fish the outlet cove of a nuclear power plant in the spring and fall. If I fished it too late into the spring, the water would be like a real warm bath, probably 110-115 degrees or so. And the cats would still bite. The water was so hot that their flesh was mushy, though, and not that good to eat.

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Summer time for me is jugging time..If i'm jugging in the heat of the day I'll set my jugs at the mouth of the creek and sneak back into the creek under the shade of the trees and fish for bream and watch my jugs..This is rare for me though cause I normally jug at night.But like I said if I'm fishing in the heat I find the shade..Its always a couple degrees cooler in the shade..When the water is bubbling like a cauldron thats when its too hot...