How High's The Water Momma

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Whiskerhunter, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Whiskerhunter

Whiskerhunter New Member

State:
    Ky
    I am thinking of making my own weights/sinkers for catfishing and need some info. on what you guys and gals like to use. What styles do you use the most and what weights do you like? I have poured lead for over 20+ years and I want to give BIG stuff a try. I just want to be sure to get the right molds before I attempt the process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....:big_smile:

2. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    she said its 3 feet high and risin..lol....

3. Whiskerhunter

Whiskerhunter New Member

State:
    Ky
    yea stoney...lol....but if it was 6 ft. high and a risin'...what kind of weight would you use and how heavy?....:smile2:

4. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well brother I can only tell ya what I use ... 1/2 oz ancor style weight for drifting and 1 oz for bottom fishing but you have to understand I am fishing mostly lakes with no current...Sorry I can't be of more help....

ASK Mickey I am sure he will be able to help you with som great ideas here...

5. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would like to Welcome you here and wish you a wonderful time with these great people here at the BOC...

They will take ya in and treat you like family...Enjoy your stay with us here at the BOC...:smile2:

6. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Welcome to BOC.....Personally, I use the oz weight that matches my Combo first, then consider the flow of current and fishing circumstances....I use a rod that's rated for 1-6 oz's lure weight...I'll usually do my general fishing with a 3 oz "no-roll" sinker....I simplify everything by using only "no-roll" sinkers/molds because it works in either current or still water....I have molds from 1-8 oz's in "no-roll"....I get mine from Barlow's tackle in Texas....Dwight

7. Whiskerhunter

Whiskerhunter New Member

State:
    Ky
    Thanks guys and keep the info. coming. We have both lakes and rivers here so any info. would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy making as much of my tackle as I can. If I could ever get the hang of using this airbrush I would not buy anything.....lol....Thanks again