How highs the water, mama,

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Phil Washburn, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    12 feet high and rising:eek:oooh:

went to t-bird today....there are still a couple of ramps open. nice weather, but no fish on today.

some pics. the first is june 29(.http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26938&d=1183241756)..pay close attention to the signs and ramps....the water is very high in that pic....

the pic where i am in up to my neck, i cannot touch bottom..i am stretched out the full length of my fat 6'1' frame and am about 3 feet from bottom.:embarassed:

6 weeks ago we could not get the boat to the dock because of shallow water

the spillway was closed...it has to be because of flooding downstream. if any more water is released it will be an even bigger problem for downstream people.

Attached Files:

2. slickrick

slickrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Phil, looks like the water is a nuisance now! I can imagine that the Cat's are pretty full with all the food that is rushing off the banks. Was you able to get out on the lake?:crazy:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    yeah, we got on the water...no bite period..a little recreational boating, but the loss of campgrounds, boat ramps, plus really high water has kept people away.

4. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Wow,Ben seeing all the flood on the news, Sure could use some in AZ.

5. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Phil,

What ramp were those pics of?

Last month you could walk across the road bed without getting water on your shirt. Big difference now.

I would try and target the Saugeye's in the sand bowls by the Little Axe ramp if I were to fish it. And probably catfish at night close to shore.

Went to Texhoma to pick up a trailer last week. Alberta Creek resort area had lost about 8 of their RV sites to high water. A friend I saw today just got back from there and he said it was even worse now. It is supposed to go over the spillway at 6pm today and won't start to reseed until sometime Friday.

Thanks for the pics,

Dave

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Dave, that is little axe ramp

7. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    lake texomas 21' above normal and will hit the spillway in the next few hours. they're catching fish out of the hiway bar ditches by the washita river bridge at tishomingo

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lol Phil, I think I just saw your new avatar. Seeing how you are usually in deep water up to your neck and all! lmao :happy::happy::happy:
    And it's not even a contest. What were you thinking ? :0a28: lol

Attached Files:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.Neat shots. Just be careful getting into flood water like that.Lord knows what all in it !!(nobody else does)

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Just to much water this year. thanks for sharing

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Jack, you're from ohio...what are you doing over here???:wink:

you weren't supposed to see that post:smile2: