How Hardcore of a Catman are YOU????

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WylieCat, Feb 23, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    For some folks, fishing is relaxing. It is a an escape. It is time to relax and sip on a cold one.

For others it is hardcore man against fish. It is consuming. Daydreams at work are made of fishing plans for the next outing. Vacations are planned around fishing trips and tournaments. Half the household projects involve a bait tank, boat, or tackle box.

So, my question is, HOW HARDCORE ARE YOU? :eek:oooh:

2. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Well as far as the cold goes. Burrrrrrrrrrr. My knees don't like the cold. Now as for daydreaming and house projects. Thats all I've been doing the last few weeks. Making rod holders, a new bait bucket, and working on my bait tank for the boat right now. Someone stole all my tools last year so have been having to do everything old school style. Which involved cutting everything with a hacksaw. (PVC for the rod holders as well as 55 gallon plastic drum. Either makes me hardcore or just to much time on my hands. Either way, I'm getting-r-done...

Rod holders http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103349&page=3

Bait bucket http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104065

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well, for us its serious, but it is not everything, but it is alot.we are seriously relaxed when fishin, but we also have other things to do . we do spend time making bait and working on the boat, prepairing ahead of time for fishing, I guess we put alot in everything we do. good question though, we like fishing to get back to nature, and create memories , Ive been creating memories since I was a child. I love the feeling of every cast might be the cast. as Mikcey says "it just takes one cast" or something like that,

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Eat sleep and breathe it. Haven't found a girlfriend that will tolerate my addiction yet. They will put up with it for a year or two before their head starts spinning around and they are giving me the ultimatums.:smile2:
    It is man vs fish for sure but there is no better place to relax and solve the worlds problems then on a boat waiting for the next bite.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think from all my posts here you can get your own opinion on how I feel about flatheads and catfishing. Its very close to my heart, and something I live everyday...rollo

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I fish year round for cats just do it different in different times of the year

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think its all those things for me rolled up in one:wink:

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Been catfishing, and wanting to catfish for a long time,,, Got interested on them when one of my uncles had a megga fish fry when I was very young,,in AR,,, All I was interested in eating was the catfish, and drinkin sweet tea!! Been hooked ever since..
    I fished for a lot of fish before I realized that there's fishin' and bait fishin'. I switched over to cats almost exclusively, and have been at it since!!!!
    I don't know if I'm hardcore, but, I do it as frequently as possible, with enthusiasm!! I enjoy the fishing aspect, the preparation, the planning of the next trip, sharing it with anybody that wants to try it, getting, building, tuning gear, and tackle...
    I love it when someone comes along and gets to see, or catch, a "fish as big as your leg"!!!
    I like it when you tell someone how you bait up for a night of Flatcat fishing, and you use bait they'd usually take home and eat...!!!
    A lot of folks think catfish are just "bottom feeders",, They don't know that the Flatcat is the master predator of his domain,,,,,and, only wants to eat Prime Cut,,,!!
    It's a good thing,,,,I'm not very good at it,, but, it's a great passion, and sport...

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I spend most of time catfishing, crappie fishing, or hunting. Its not uncommon for me to go three or more times a week. I didnt fish as hard last year as I usually do but, Im going to change that this year. Im going to target crappie and flatheads harder this year and try to break my old records for size and going to keep a journal this year.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    @#$% that cold weather; I'm a wuss; I'll stay home and play with the ol' lady.

11. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Got 6 kids had to start fishing in the cold:smile2:

12. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    both for me some times its all about the fight and some times its just to relax. i've been catfishing since i was about a year and a half old and now i'm 22. longest i spent fishing was 2 days straight just setting on the bank with my truck parked next to me. only food i had was a few candy bars and a bag of chips and some bottles of water. an every now and then i just go out to fish and remember the old days when my grandpa was still around fishing with me. sometimes to deep in thought to even worry about the fish that are taking my bait.

13. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

...so ya finally figgered out what was doin it, eh? no fishin..

14. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    It takes a guy with a Type A personality to go at it like it's war, and make it a competetive thing. I'm not that guy.

I may fish 3-5 times/week, but I'm a lazy sunnuvagun that likes to sit in the shade, drink, smoke, eat, visit, and occasionally get up and land a fish.

Hardcore? Nah.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, being 'Team Hardcore', we have a reputation to live up to! :wink: When not fishin', we are thinkin' about fishin', and/or makin' money to fish some more. We fish rain, snow or shine, as long as the boat is not a solid sheet of ice. Our biggest fish of the year are usually caught in the dead of winter. When not fishin' or workin', we are doing boat work, or on the BOC. :smile2:

Bill in SC

16. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'm not as hardcore as I use to be. Cold weather cools my spirit,and makes my bones ache. In the cold weather I spend my time tying rigs,flies and jigs for catching bait, cleaning and re-spooling reels. Contemplating strategy for the up-coming trips of warmer weather. Once warmer weather hits, fish for bait 1 or 2 days and fish or recover the other 5 days a week. Yepper I guess I would be considered hardcore. Seams after I put it in words guess I'll die being a hardcore fisherman.

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    10 below or 70 above, no waves or 5 ft waves, rain, sleet, snow, hail. Hot or cold, it doesn't matter, if the river conditions permit, and I can, I will be on the water.

18. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Dieter i been having a "feeling" someone was spying on me!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink:

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I might be considered hard core by some,I havent fished since Nov. but not cause I haven't wanted to,Sometimes you have to put priorities first,I love the outdoors,But I learned long ago that my family has to come first. To me some folks here arent just hard core ,they're phsycotic,With some of thier ideas ,But I just shrug and say to each his own.:cool2:

20. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My catfishin' changed dramatically when I got my drivers license 18 years ago. That's when myself and a couple friends started flatheadin' the Wabash in Indiana. We would pull back to back all nighters, camp on the river banks, obsess over every detail of the river, fish all night and then work an 8 hour shift the next morning.

We used to pull these crazy Santee trips (from northern IN) every year that about killed us sometimes.

Now, my wife and I will camp and catfish for a week straight. No showers, electricity, or running water; just cat slime and pringles!

Catfishin' is a big part of my life.