How Good Do Ya Think You Are?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jul 4, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's my question..... " How good do you think you are?" Well, before you answer not knowing the specifics.... I stayed home tonight after going to dinner with the wife and daughter.. We watched fireworks from the river on our home balcony, which was nice! Rollo, thought he would hit the backyard after a few beers to get some nightcrawlers for bait fishing tomorrow!.. Let me tell you.... I have found a new redneck sport! I'm gonna start holdin nightcrawler tournaments! Headlamp on, beer in hand, and the other to grab them monsters! LOL.... My neighbors probably think I'm an overgrown chicken out there chasing my tail and peckin the ground! Them things kicked my tail!!!! LMAO! rollo

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jason I can usually get about 4 dozen in about 1/2 hour, that and the hotdogs Im golden:wink::smile2:

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Sometimes THEY best me!!!

:tounge_out:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One Eye open, One Eye closed.......talk about the drunk neighbor walking around on his knees at dark, throwing himself to the ground belly first after them things..:smile2: you all may see me on some type of ...youtube! I was seriously getting nightcrawlers though!!!!:smile2::smile2::roll_eyes::wink: rollo

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Growing up, I used to catch them by the coffee can full, then set up on the side of the road and sell them. We had a good deal of boat traffic on our road and sometimes it worked out. Mostly I had thousands of worms and never had to worry about bait.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    used to catch them all the time when we wre little.

with my screwed up knees,and fat belly,(since i quit smoking),i would never make it back up without at least a bobcat :wink:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Am I lost again? So you mean they're too fast for ya? Don't drink so many beers beforehand rollo. Oh, and Mikey's always been washed up :smile2:.

He LUCKED up a couple times :wink:.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    And I thought I was the only one that still caught his own nightcrawlers. LOL.

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    LOL @ Rollo......

I haven't played tug a war with a crawler since I was a kid. Us kids had tons of fun doing it, unfortunately its to warm here so Wal-Mart gets my $$.

I relly wish we had them, not because I have to buy them, but because my kids wont grow up with the experience of catchin them : (''''

But its all good, they sure know how to catch gills ; )

-Jim-

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well it is good to see that someone is still taking the initiative to go after those bad boys .... Back in the 60s (uh ... 1960s) when I was going fishing in Canada every year for walleyes .... we always hunted our own crawlers to save a few bucks ... I found that they can be very light sensative at times and I would end up being frustrated like Jason was last night. Then I discovered if I used the head light that I wore when I went fox calling at night ... I had much better luck. That light wasn't a white light, but a red one. It didn't bother the crawlers and gave me half a chance to sneak up on them easier ... If you have a white light ... cover the lens with some red film ... you can usually buy it at most art supply stores. :cool2: ... Garry-

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    lol we do the same thing with the whole family gives us something to do:wink:

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Used to do it all the time.... I'd be in traction if I did it today.

Hint: when August rolls around and it's really dry, garlic salt in water poured down a hole will boil them outta that hole.... even at high noon. It's slow, but it works!

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Hey Shawn I got another trick to catch em in the daytime when the ground is dry. My Grandma showed me this when I was 8 or 9.

Mix up a bucket of water with dishwashing soap (dawn) or the like, then spread it over the lawn. The crawlers come up rather quickly. Just rinse them off after you pick a mess.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    A little off topic but Dawn dishwashing liquid and water in a pie plate of water will rid a house of fleas. (Landlord trick)

15. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Rollo,
    It must be the acid rain or something, they sure are faster than they used to be, especially if you have that beer in one hand!!! You need both hands for this new breed of crawlers, but then again where is the fun in that???:wink:

16. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    That is how I subsided my lawn mowing income when I was kid by selling them to local fisherman. I am glad my kids like to collect them though. I send JR out while I supervise with my beer:big_smile:.

17. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    i catch my own 2. my grandpa's lawn is crawler land,i can catch 4 or 5 dozen in about 15 mins just under his peach tree's. night crawlers caught out of the yard are about twice as long as the ones they sell around here. when they are "spawning" you can catch 2 at a time they are so in the mood they dont even disconnect when you pick them up lol:smile2:

18. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i pile my pigeon poop up in bout 3 inch piles and cover with old news paper.keep wet and you can take a hand rake and catch a 5 gallon bucket full in just a little while.

20. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    me an some freinds waited till a big rain and crawl around the hard for two three hours and can two coffee cans full