How good are Alabama catfishermen

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by brother hilljack, Jun 22, 2009.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
  2. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Shane if you were a little further north...I fished the BCQ there last year...It took me 5 1/2 hours to get down there...just to far...sorry...

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Right on brother. If you come down, I would have to spend all my time taking notes on your every move anyway. You catch too many monster fish!!:wink::smile2: Maybe some day I can get up there and fish you with you all.

4. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I don't think theres many big blues down there....I know theres plenty of channels and should be some big flatheads...Theres some bullheads down there I caught one last year...first one I every seen in person....

5. whiskman

whiskman New Member

State:
    alabama

BCQ, whats that and where is it? better yet where's the best place to fish anywhere around north alabama? cause see i live in athens al

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Justin, welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people! BCQ = Big Cat Quest= Bass Pro tournament trail (catfish)

7. whiskman

whiskman New Member

State:
    alabama
    thanks shane, boc i was at first thinking boards of canada but i knew that wasn't right lol

8. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

The site used to be called the Brotherhood of Catfishermen, now it is catfish1.

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am a little disappointed that you all would let me call you out this way! Come on Alabama, we need more of you to come fish with us!!

10. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I don't know Shane looks like your only gunna have the three or so Alabama members that you got. Shame though Because I thought Alabama had some good catfishermen in it.

11. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well I guess Im the new guy from Alabama so i can chime in. I fish moslty the Lower Alabama and the Tombigbee. I have a camp up at Holly Creek if anyone knows where that is. Been a panfisherman most of my life but Im getting turned on to the catfishemans way of life lately. Got few buddies that regulary bring in 30 to 50 pounders fishing trotlines. Almost all blues. I dont know if to yall this a bigg fish but to me that 56 pounder they had the other day was a BIG Fish.

I kinda broke the trend last week. After i found this site and did al little reserach here went out for some yellows. Using a few of yalls tactics nailed 8 decent yellows from about 8 Lbs to 20 Lbs and 2 blues in the 10 Lbs class. This was more yellows than the guys had seen at the landing in one buch in awhile.

Now you have to take into consideration that this was the first time me and my buddy ever targeted yellows specificly. I thought it was a decent showing. Im going to try and hit it hard next week after the 4th of July. From today thru sunday the river will be so full of drunks that its just not worth the trouble.

Ive got a couple of deep holes that I want to try for a 30lbs class yellow but Im going to have to beef up my tackle for them. If anyone has got some time on there hands they are more than welcome to come along. Just drop me aline and we will head out.

Take care

Chad

12. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    That's what I'm talking about if you use the info from this fourm you will catch the fish you are looking for. good job chad and welcome aboard.

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Chattahoochee is holding the fish you are looking for. Hope to see you on the water soon