How far will you travel over the coming Holidays

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ketch, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    With the skyrocketing price of gasoline these days, how many of you are still travelling for the holidays? How far are you heading.

I got 120 mile drive ahead of me on Wednesday and would have come back home normally, but since I need to be back up there Thursday, I have found that a motel is cheaper than two trips.

2. aburk

aburk New Member

State:
    Tucson, AZ
    Ill be heading to the bar down the street:smile2:

3. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    Oh man,I plan to do ALOT of traveling.When I get up thursday (if its not already dinner time) I will travel a short distance to the bathroom, then a longer journey to my recliner. Then if I havent ate dinner yet I will proceed to the table to (fill up on gas) eat dinner. Then I will head back to the recliner for a day long football fiasco. Not burning much gas because I will be at an idle.10 to 15 trips to the bathroom and 9 to 12 hours of football and it will be time to head back to my original location,my bed, with my wife hoping and praying that through my day long travels my gas tank is empty.

Dale

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We can't leave town for Thanksgiving but later we'll be making a 1400 mile round trip.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well... I wish I had an exciting thing to post... but basically I will be sitting on my butt at home soaking up the 'doing nothing' phase of the holiday.

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I'm not real happy about it, but we are renting a big gas guzzler in order to make an 800 mile round trip to Benton, Arkansas hauling a carload of people. You gotta do what you gotta do.

7. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What's "the Holidays"???
    The furthest I have to go is the 5 blocks to work, 10 blocks to family dinner on thursday. 5 blocks to work again on Friday and Saturday.:sad2:

On the bright side, I wont be spending much on gas!!:big_smile:
    And I don't have to cook much but still get to eat!:smile2:

8. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I wish I didn't have to drive so far. I could handle 10 blocks. lol

9. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Only about 850 miles round trip. From home to Blair,NE and return. The drive up here was nice, now only need the weather to hold until we go back home.

10. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    All the kids and grandkids are in OKC. so we wont be going more than 5 miles this year. They are doing all the cooking but the turkey, Okie Gal is a happy camper...

No company at our house this year so no clean up. YEAAAA

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We have a little under 50 miles one way. I just don't relish the drive back, in the dark, on rural roads... oh deer...

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    From the couch to the fridge and back i as far as im going this year.

13. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    0 miles. Holiday dinners are at our place these days. No gas price gouging for me unless I go fishing.

14. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Same here:wink:

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I figure I'll drive about 60 miles a day from thursday mornin till I tag a buck so it might be as much as 240 miles :confused2:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'll be going all the way to Ohio...About a 12 mile round trip. Not too bad.:smile2:

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    A totol of 36 miles round trip,but if I had my way I'd just as soon stay home.Really hate being on the roads during any kind of hoilday anymore no matter how short a dstance it is.Two many IDIOTS out there. Every one stay safe we don't want to be losing anyone .Happy Turkey Day!!

18. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Everyone is coming here as usual. I want all of you who are traveling to be careful. Anyone traveling in or through NC, beware the state trooper are thick as hair on a dogs back this week.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL !!!

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Had all kinds of things up in the air as to what we all was going to do. we got all the fixing and stuff, too much, and got family trying to get us to drive 275 miles one way which we would like too but It's looking like me and my wife this year at home alone. My Sons will be working and gas etc., too hi.
    I dont know if I'll fry a Turkey for me and her or save it for when everybody is off work and together.
    toco bell and football games maybe.
    it dont matter as long as the belly is full at end of day, I'm good to go. :big_smile:

Does anyone have a get away place for Christmas. I'll rent it. LOL. :tounge_out: