How far is too far?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Johnny B, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    If you fish near a hole how far do you think a bigger cat would travel from home to eat or do you have to hit home(hole) dead on?:confused2:

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Asuming you are talking about flathead, It is a toss up, you have to pattern the fish. If you know it is home to a flattie or flatties they will be there most of the time during daylight hours. What I like to do is set up around a known "home" a hour or two before dark so when they decide to go out on the prowl the bait is right in fron of their face. Like I said you just have to put the time in and pattern them, which can be hard at times. I had my area patterned pretty darn good until last years record floods.......now im back to square 1.....:sad2:

3. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Yea I agree the floods have messed up my fishing holes too. Thats why I'm scrambling around every weekend to a different spot to see where they are. The fishing just doesnt seem the same as last year by far! I can even catch shad anywhere but thankfully I discovered carp is a better bait than shad anyways..Goodluck