How far do you drive to your favorite hole?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatter, Jul 17, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    With gas prices at $3.00 a gallon and rising, I was wondering, how far does everyone drive to fish in their favorite hole? Not really talking about a weekend trip, or all nighter, just an evening trip, when you are only going to be able to fish a few hours before going home.

I live about 40 miles from where I grew up, and what few spots are still available for me to fish take a good hour to get to, not to mention the gas! Sure is taking a big chunk out of my fishing time! I wish I could find some places closer, but in this day and age, it is getting harder and harder to get permission to get on private land.:sad2:

2. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I drive about 35 or 40 minutes to where I fish. I like the drive. but hate the gas prices.

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i drive about 1 hour to get to my favorite spot. i live next to cave run lake( in ky) but i hate that place when i am fishing for cats.

4. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    My drive is about 3 minutes. Its the baitcatching that kills me usally 20 miles in driving getting bait.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I drive about 30-40 mins. and can be on several bodies of water to fish. Also catch fish in all of them.

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Usually I drive a mile there and a mile back, wondering if I am going to have to get a bicycle and cart pretty soon. Darn, don't know who I'm going to get to ride the bike back and forth, I'm taking my Ranger. LOL

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    My favorite spot is just over an hour away, but its also 5 minute from my girlfriends parents house so when I go there for a few days it sure helps out.

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I have several good spots and some are far away but I don't mind driving to any of them. If I can get out of the house to go fishing, I'll go to all of them if I have to.

9. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    my spot is about 20 mins away from the house not bad at all

10. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is a loaded question. There are three times that I will fish. During lunch I fish at a lake that is on my way between work and the "food court" on base.
    Right after work I will fish at one of 7 ponds/lakes that are on the way home.
    For 3 hours or more hours of fishing I drive 38 miles one way. That's the only time I get to go for cats and it is usually once a week right now. But then again, that once a week is usually 12+ hours.

11. CraigO

CraigO New Member

State:
    Tolar, TX
    10 minutes... thankfully!

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Right now its a 30 min drive. And will remain that unless i find a new one that produces like this one does.

13. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have several places I could go thats closer,but I uaualy drive about anhour and a half because I like it there, I sure don't get to go as much as I use to.

14. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I been changing my scenery lately, so I drive anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hrs., all on the same stretch of river. My wish list I created would for sure take me farther than a 2 hr trip. Hopefully then gas will drop to, oh let's say 2.75 a gallon. What a deal that was turning out to be! :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by great fishing close by. I can leave my house and be at my favorite spot in 15 minutes. I will travel as far as necessary to catch some great fish. I am only limited by my work and family. The work is a necessary evil and I love the family.

16. Wildchilde01

Wildchilde01 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish 5 different spots, only 2 of them hold any catfish that I have caught, the rest are bait and bass spots. Farthest is 22 miles, closest is 15. My favorite spot for saltwater fishing is about 3 hours long though.

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I figure I drove almost 5,000 miles last year for fishing. My favorite spots, on the MO and KS Rivers, are 30-40 miles round trip. Throw in bait and scouting trips, and an occasional longer trip, and it adds up.

18. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    I'm in a pretty good location where I live. 30 minutes to drive to two different lakes I like to fish and 15 minutes to an awesome river.

19. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm a river rat, and depending on the rainfall, and river levels, I travel anywhere from as low as 2 miles, and up to 50 one way. Water levels, gas prices, and the heat have slowed my fishing down to a slow crawl here in south Georgia. Thanks for the post, and good fishin', Jack.

20. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I can leave the house and have the boat in the water in 8 minutes unless I have to wait in line at the ramp. :)