How far did you drive and then realize you forgot something

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How far did you drive and then realize you forgot something?

I drove over an hour to a river in the middle of the night getting pumped and ready to go catch some flatties and just as I was getting ready to back down the boat ramp I realized that I left my plug to my boat back at the carwash, (from when I was cleaning all of the sand and dirt out of the bottom of my boat getting ready for the nights outing) So there I was out in the middle of nowhere at night with no Wal-Mart within an hour of me. Its amazing how we can spend hundreds and thousands on a boat, hundreds and thousands on a motor, hundreds and thousands on all of our fishing gear but in the end it is all worthless out on the water when you don't have a $2 plug from Wal-Mart.

(now I can't even count how many plugs I have laying around my boat and in my glove box of my truck)

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I made it all the way to Canada and remembered I left all my Pike gear except poles when I got to customs.As soon as the girl asked if I had any alcohol tobacco or firearms it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to spring for a couple hundred bucks in gear at the over priced baitshop about an hour from the cabin. and once upon a time me and my grandfather were so preocupied with were we were gonna get bait from. We had left the house drove all over Jersey to find live shiners after Ice out we had forgot the poles at the house. I opened up the hatch on the truck and thought we got robbed at first LOL

3. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    When I had my Jon Boat - I drove from MD down to VA to the James river and realized I left my, fresh from Cabelas, portable fishfinder on the workbench. I was so pi$$ed I was going to buy a new one if I could have found one!!

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    This is easy. About 800 miles.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hey Mark. What you more than likely forgot is attached to most folks. LOL!

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

I'm gonna make a wild guess Mark and say a church key! lmao:eek:oooh: :big_smile: :lol:

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm not sure about the distance, but from Martinsville Indiana to Daytona Beach Florida. Didnt realize I had for gotten my wallet back home until a Florida State Trooper asked me that dreaded question, "license and registration?". Not cool! Car full of yankee teens on spring break 1978, and well supplied at that. Can you say "freakin out". The dude dumped our adult beverages, and sent us on our way. :big_smile:

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC

Being that you were somewhat inebriated singing CHURCH songs you probally dont remember me opening all those good beers with a CHURCH KEY.
    I never leave home without a CHURCH KEY. I would forget my wife before I forget the CHURCH KEY.:big_smile:

No , it was a gallon of TSS jalapeno fish fry I was saving for the occasion.

On those occasions such as that one my CHURCH KEY IS either in my pocket or on the cooler.

9. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    When I get in the truck I just assume I forgot something, and I'm usually right.

10. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Drove 60 miles one night, got to the lake and realized we had forgotten the anchors. Drift fishing works sometimes, but it stinks when your trying to stay on top of your honey hole.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thats when those useless tire irons and car jacks supplied with vehicles become useful.:big_smile:

12. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I pick up STUFf all over, then when I get home (three weeks) I forget it is in truck. Does that count? (just delivered some christmas presents to Fla.)

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    almost an hour to get to a hunting spot only to realize I left my vest & jacket in the dryer from washing it the nite before then I had to drive home to get it only to have a nice buck run out infront of my car. I returned with all my grear only to have 4 schmucks ruin my spot. Ohh your here? oh well we're going to be hunting in the area too and then procedes to walk thru the funnel I was facing and had my bombs in making a ton of noise. No wonder I only see stuff crossing the road.

14. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I paddled a mile upstream in swift current only to realize that i had left my tackle bag on the bank--and yes it was still there when i got back.:tounge_out:

15. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got to the lake last Sunday and had left my sonar on the table.

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    From Ar to calf forgot my med. had to call my son and got him to send them Express:tounge_out:

17. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    My brother drove 250 miles once to go duck hunting,we left my house the next morning and drove another 125 miles and he left his gun in his truck. It just so happened that I had an old H&R single shot with no but pad, not even a but plate on it that I used for dog training in the back, chambered for 2&3/4 shells, but that day it shot 3" and it was sure funny to watch a 6' 250# guy shoot that thing all day! complain, complain, complain, after I shot my limit and was laughing so hard I couldn't stand any longer, I let him use mine.

18. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WELL IT SEEMS LIKE I'M ALWAYS FORGETTING SOMETHING AND IT'S USUALLY AS I'M PULLING INTO MY FAVORITE SPOT.LMAO WHICH IS ABOUT 35 MILE FROM ME. AINT GOOD TO GET TO GET SIDE TRACKED THESE DAYS.LMAO

19. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well...I didnt go but about 10 miles before I realized that I forgot my BOAT!!!
    :big_smile: Sleep deprivation!! haha

20. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I have to say this has nothing to do with fishing, but once I left Michigan to play in a golf Tournament in Idaho. Not only did I forget my brand new pair of $100 golf shoes, I forgot my golf clubs. Now, after finishing a today golf outing with a brand new pair of shoes and a borrowed set of sticks, I flew home leaving my suit case in a Hotel room, not realizing it til I looked at my ticket ,with no laugage stubs on a lay over in MN. It's Hell to get Old!
    Sparky