How Dumb Are Ya???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Nov 10, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We all have done some stupid things in our lives that we later regret! What is the dumbest thing you have attempted in the outdoors? How did you pay for your mistake? LMAO!? The dumbest thing I can remember I did was on a canoe trip one year with some friends who dared me to let a crawdad pinch my nipple! OUCH!!! Yes, a few cold ones were involved to talk me into it, but I would have tried it anyways! LOL... Lets just say, My buds were yellin " We have a bleeder"!!!! :smile2: Hurt like H_LL!!!!!! So what is your story???? Or maybe you are just smarter than the average me!!!!:roll_eyes: rollo

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm gonna have to sleep on this one Rollo , I need time to narrow down my choice, LOL

-Jim-

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    thats not dumb its stupid....but i have no room to talk cause i did the same thing a couple weeks ago..only it was my nose, the boys gota real good laugh out of it:crazy:

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Me to... :smile2:

I have to wait and see what Big george says so I dont look that bad :crazy:

5. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    after having a major heart attack I tried to climb down a sheer cliff to get to a fishing hole it was a year and a half later but they say I have the heart of an 80 year old man I thought I was dead on my way back up that hill only to catch a few smallies:sad2:

6. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Two weeks after my amputation, I went over the hill at my parents house to go flyfishing on crutches. Did just fine landed 2 smallies when I attempted the climb back up the rocks on wet crutches I got a nice new broken hip to show for it. I was there for a WHILE before they found me....olj

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i will have to think on this a bit but i can asher you iv not let a crayfish pinch my nipple lol

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I let a hermit crab grab my finger once while surf fishing. Dumb very very dumb. "HEY WATCH THIS" :eek:oooh:

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Me and some buddies were all down at the river jumping off the bridge one day. A little time past and some girls in canoes came buy and was watchin us jump. I thought id show off a bit and started climbing to the top. Half way up i slipped and fell right under the bridge which is about 4 feet of water. Im talking a 25 to 30 foot fall. I had the wind knocked out of me so bad, and talk about embarassed. The girls didnt stick around long after that!:smile2: Lucky i didnt kill myself!

10. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Hmm..i really had to think about this one. I was about 15 or so and was walking at a local park with my brother and some friends and i wasn't watching where i was walking and walked straight into the park pond. Did i mention that it was like 35 degrees out and i had on a heavy winter coat? Or that the pond was very mossy and dirty? Between the water temp taking my breath away and my clothes weighing me down i nearly drowned. I struggled frantically to get reach the edge of the pond and completely covered in moss i pulled myself out only to have my BROTHER ASK ME WHY I JUMPED IN. Like i intentionally decided to go for a swim that icy cesspool!

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    wow,where to start..........

stepped on a nail once,stickin out of a board.it didn't go through until i started twisting on it like a dummy.it went clear through my foot.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Ummm...... I got into a rough truck contest at age 42..... tried to prove I was 20.... I was wrongggg!!!!! Broke back car dealer.... woohoo! :crazy:

13. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Now I'm not saying that I have never done anything dumb but it would seem that compared to you guys, I lead a very boring life :embarassed::embarassed:...W

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i could make a list:smile2:
    when i was in high school i had a 72 nova with a 350 and on the way home one day these girls were behind me so i figured i'd show off and get the car side-ways making a turn... well i did and went right into a tree:eek:oooh:

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I was a young troop at the time. Had to install a new actuator on an auxilary power unit(APU) on a C5 aircraft. They are located in a small compartment on the side of the aircraft. Rather than pull and tag the breaker in the cockpit I decided to cut corners. I figured it would only take me a little bit to do it. Could'nt get in there with my wire strippers to strip the wire for a good splice. What do I do. I stick my head in there and decide to strip it with my teeth. Big mistake. My head was bouncin around in there like a pin ball. Was gettin lumps faster than I could rub em. :eek:oooh: Like I said I was a young trooper. LOL!

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Probably turning on the dryer with my cat inside and not realizing it till about 10 minutes later. The funny thing is I was trying to pix message prostreetS10 a pic of a new type of rig I wanted to try out, poor cat, fishing tackle cost him 10 minutes in the dryer....but he made it!:smile2::smile2::eek:oooh:

17. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My Dumbest moment without hurting myself, would have to be when I was throwing out my crawfish traps. I went out to the lake, walked out and baited my traps like I always do, and untangled the line before I throw out the traps, I throw it out, like I always do, only this time to see my favorite lockblade sailing into the lake (farther than the trap), yeah, needless to say I felt pretty stupid, what made me feel even more stupid is that the next day I went out and did the EXACT same thing, watching yet another knife go sailing into the lake... yeah, it was a bad time.:sad2:

18. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    im gona make this short..i flipped my buddys jon boat an jet on a drunk river one night, cost me dam ner 3 grand,:sad2::embarassed::crazy: found it 2 miles down river

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    OUCH!:smile2: rollo

20. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    A couple of years ago I was tilling the garden. I was using a medium sized tractor with a 6' disk plow on the back. My garden is in the back yard and I was plowing between the yard fence and a silver leaf maple. On the other end is a bird bath and the power pole. When i got to the other end, I was going between the power pole and bird bath.... just barely enough clearance to fit between. All was going well an I was doing an excellent job. I suppose I got a little too careless and I caught the electric pole with the right rear tractor tire.... No big deal, I saw what I did and stopped. The pole however, did not stop shaking....I heard a loud buzzing sound and looked up..... One of the two electric lines had broke due to the shaking pole. It cam crashing down to the ground behind the tractor. My wife was inside the house and came out shaking her head and mumbling somethign about there being no power inside. I moved the tractor and called the electric company. They came out and asked me what happened. I said "Man I don't know, I was inside watching the Nascar race and all of a sudden the power went out". The guy said he didn't care what happened, I wasn't going to be billed for it, but he would like to know the truth... I fessed up and he had a good laugh....