How do you use your Phone when fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mhawk134, Jul 30, 2009.

1. mhawk134

mhawk134 New Member

State:
    SC
    Not talking about texting or calling people. But with all the different technology out today there are so many things that can be done. And there is also pictures.

But I use mine with the GPS and Maps to mark spots where fish where caught the size ect. Also use the weather radar to look at was coming if it looks bad. And also use the GPS for a more accurate type of speed.

Do any of you guys and gals out there use your phones to help you catch anything or remember where the big ones where caught.

Hawk

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    welcome to the boc bro. look, when i got my cell phone years ago, i quickly realized that i was now teathered! i can tell my wife, honey gonna be out on the water today. got my phone in case something happens, other than that, c-ya when i get back. u can bet a fat babies ass she's callin aleast four times. drives me nuts. i gotta gps to mark fish, need to figure out what to do with this phone when i wanna fish. the ol'
    "I left my phone in the truck" bit only works once or twice.

3. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    now this was a creative post.........had a client out one night.......there phone actually told the the pressure for where they were by gps coordinates..........that was neat!

4. mhawk134

mhawk134 New Member

State:
    SC
    Well I've got a windows mobile phone so I can access the internet, GPS, youtube, weather, ect anywhere I go. And there are alot of programs out there for windows mobile, mostly weather and GPS related apply to fishing, but I was just wondering if anybody else uses the full abilities of there phones. I'm sure I haven't found everything out but there is a program that can plot your coarse in real time 3 second intervals and you can see where your going on a pc via live updates and google earth. Not to mention marking spots ECT.

I'll probably repost this in the main section and see what people all over the country say.

Hawk

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  5. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Mine is not fancy gps and all that but i got it case something goes wrong now for my fishing girl she cant stay off it I would like to take that thang and just.....:angry:

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Heck i,m lucky if i can get or make a call .i,m just to dumb to us every thing my old phone will do ,much less one of theze new ones :wink::smile2:

7. mhawk134

mhawk134 New Member

State:
    SC
    Not talking about texting or calling people. But with all the different technology out today there are so many things that can be done. And there is also pictures.

But I use mine with the GPS and Maps to mark spots where fish where caught the size ect. Also use the weather radar to look at was coming if it looks bad. And also use the GPS for a more accurate type of speed.

Do any of you guys and gals out there use your phones to help you catch anything or remember where the big ones where caught.

I posted this somewhere else, but figured it would get a bigger response from the masses.

Hawk

8. mhawk134

mhawk134 New Member

State:
    SC
    Well I know most of you probably have a GPS on your console somewhere to locate and mark, but was wondering if anybody just uses their phones. Plus live weather radar comes in handy.

Hawk

9. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I use mine to call people, and as a fish strike indicator. When I get a call, I know I will get a bite within a few minutes. Whenever I get a call I get a bite, and got to try to fish and talk at the same time.

I got a nice musky last spring, but my partner with a camera didn't know how to run his camera phone. He has since figured it out.

I am considering upgrading my phone, I might when the battery needs replacing.

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I shut mine off and leave it in the truck when I,m fishing.When I,m fishing ,I don,t want to be bothered by the phone.Guess I,m not keeping up with the technical stuff.When I see rain clouds,I close the lids on my boxes,when I start getting wet,I leave.:wink:

11. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I pretnd to awnser it and i always catch fish while talking on it it alwas work..it is better when you are really one the phone!!

12. mhawk134

mhawk134 New Member

State:
    SC
    You should get one with GPS windows mobile all that stuff, it's got alot of support and with win mobile you can get alot of cool apps.

Hawk

13. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    just carry it for emergency reasons

14. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    wow.........live weater radar..............:smile2: thats pretty fancy there! i'll look into that one.............might have to hire you mhawk to show me how to use it!...........we just always listened to the owls and the frogs............:smile2: thats the old fashiuned way...............i can remember when when we use to check depth with a weight and mono....................:wink:

15. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    I use my phone as a.....................phone, to call people. Im to cheap to be paying $200 a month for cell phone service:smile2:

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Don't have all the GPS an such on mine. Wish I did. But it has come in handy on an emergency at home when the wife called.

17. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    :smile2:now thats a good one:smile2:

18. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Now that is funny.:haha: I just turn mine off so I dont have to listen to it.

19. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have Navionics HotMaps East, Google Earth, Weather Channel with radar that updates your location via GPS, tools that tell you your speed, Camera that automatically logs the GPS information of the location of where you took the picture all on my iphone.

20. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My phone is just there in case there is an emergency like the boat doesn't want to start or we run out of beer.:big_smile: