How do you use "Search"?

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by wildturkey, Mar 26, 2009.

1. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    I keep trying to use the search to find items in the library and it says no item found. Now I know that "chicken livers" and other topics have been discussed, but I must be doing something wrong. This probably the wrong place to post this, but I had trouble finding how to post a new thread. When I found this I did it.
    Hope someone can help.
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    There are 400 hits for chicken livers outside the library.
    My computer is slow tonight. I'll back out of this thread and try the library and see what I can find.
    have a good one
    just

3. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    When you get into the librarytype chicken livers in "search this forum" found at the right top of screen. there are 16 threads.
    the best 2ya
    just

BTW welcome to the BOC

4. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Bob,
    I keep fooling with it...sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. I know I don't like the delay between searches. What is that for?

I went back and searched chicken livers and everything worked great. Then I searched rod holders and it said it couldn't find it. Go figure.
    Jim

5. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    There used to be an index of everything in the library on the site. It is great, if it is still there, lists everything and there is are a lot of things that you wouldn't think to serch.

Jim

6. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks jim,
    I will keep fumbling around on the site. I learn a little more everytime. There is a wealth of information on here....I just want to go there when I want it instead of going through the sites and trying to remember where I saw it last.
    Jim

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Jim, I personally have never used this feature, but under "Quick Links" in the navy blue/black bar you will find "Subscribed Threads". It is my understanding that you can pick the threads you want to keep up with by doing this.

As far as you receiving the message "no item found", that COULD possibly be caused by work the staff is doing at the time, such as a maintenance upgrade, etc.

To find something directly in the library, click on "Home" up top. Under "Member Publications" you'll see the "Member Library" heading. The "Member Library Table of Contents" is a STICKY thread at the very top.

To do a search JUST in the library....after you choose "Search" in the bar, click on "Advanced Search" (the FIRST one). Type in the subject you want to read about in the "Keyword(s)" box in the top left hand corner. Then in the bottom right hand corner, click on "Member Library" under "Search in Forum(s)". After that, hit the "Search Now" box at the bottom of course.

Hope this helps, and please forgive me if I'm telling you info you already know!

8. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thank ya'll so much.
    Catgirl, I have copied your information so I can use it for future reference.
    I have determined that if you are not pretty good on a computer this site is not that easy to get around on. I am on the site every day. I don't post too much, but read a lot. People on this site are the most friendly, helpful and non judgemental folks I have ever seen.
    Thanks again to all of you who have helped me.
    Jim

9. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    Q/
    People on this site are the most friendly, helpful and non judgemental folks I have ever seen./Q Bolding by me

lol He ain't been to the high intensity forum yet has he.LOL

10. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    OK, what is the high intensity forum? Maybe I will get my feet wet.