How do you tie on a lure?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by whiskerchaser, Jul 25, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Ok i was wondering? u know some spinnerbaits have the litte unside down U on top to wear u tie the line how do u do that without it slipping?

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    just tie it at the point of the U and you shouldn't have any problem. As long as its a tight knot itll hold. Try a trilene knot. You wouldn't happen to be fishin for bass would ya...:angry:? jk

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

a half blood knot, trilene knot are an improved cinch will all work. A guy I fish with just tie's a snap swivel onto his line and hooks that to his spinner baits. I would not advise this but he likes it

4. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I use snapswivels and I tie fishin line around what they call the"R" but U will work. That way the swivel stays put. I use spinnerbaits for bait.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    with a knot....I use palomar for almost everything, except when I'm using tiny tiny jigs for panfish.

6. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico

Lol ahh u got me. how do u tie a trilene knot?

7. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    I will have to go with the Palmar knot because it gives you the full strength of what ever test line you use.

Daryl
    Aftercats

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    a BOC brother named sean posted this a while back and its been posted again and i think its necessary to post it another time.
    this is a coolbeans website and oughta help ya out on learnin some good
    useful knots.

http://www.animatedknots.com/index.php

9. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    I use palomor knots for the most

10. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    For something like that I will tie a small piece of line on with a polomar knot to the lure and loop on the other end. This way I can change lures quickly by using a snap swivel.

11. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use a Polamer Knot for everything except light tackle when a knots size can affect the lures movement. For light stuff I use the simple and strong Orvis Knot.

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I agree with the palmor nothing worse than a knot slipping and iooseing a big fish

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    uni knot cinches up good

14. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    did you get it all figured out? its true that palomar is probably the most reliable but its a little more challenging than others. i've never had a well tied trilene knot mess up on me. heres a link for ties.
    http://www.fish4fun.com/knots.htm

15. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use pal knot too 99% of the time

16. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    im like a knot tying moran.i use the same knot for everything its strong enough. you like loop it threw the eye twice twist it 3 or 4and back threw the bottom loops wet and cinch it down thats easy.good luck oh i tied mt spinners like that never lost one due to the knot.hope this helps,good luck

17. ribsplitter

ribsplitter New Member

State:
    Kentucky, Rush
    another thing i hadnt seen anyone post yet is if your useing spinnerbaitts with an open r bend for fish needing a leader and snap swivel you can first slip a small o ring over the r bend and then fasten your snap on to keep it from sliding it works very well