How do you spot good fishing weather?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman849, Oct 23, 2006.

1. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    These days leading into winter when its cold and somedays bites are hard to come by what do you look for in an ideal fishing weather? Is there something that you can look for in the weather/temperature to predict a potentially good fishing time? If so what would these conditions be and how do you fish in these conditions?

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Iusually look at my lunar tables first but they arent allways right but ive found that usually ALLfish and game will move and/or feed immediately preceding a storm front try it out the closer to the front the better -in most cases

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    As long as there is oxygen in the air, the weather is good for fishing. Maybe not perfect but it is good.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have developed an infallible method of detecting perfect fishing weather.This method has taken over 60 years to perfect and is virtually foolproof.Each morning I go immediately to the bathroom and look in the mirror.If I am looking back at me, then the weather is perfect for fishing.If I'm not looking back at me then I'll have to check the weather forecast and see what kind of funeral weather we are having.At Santee we only measure the weather by one standard."How high are the waves"?If we feel our boat will handle the waves then we fish.EVERYTHING else doesnt matter.!!!!!!!!LOL

5. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i think that its any big change in weather period that effects fishin. not necessarily just a norther blowin in, cause in the dead of winter you have norther after norther and not much of a change, but say for example you have sunny summer skies, 95 degrees, and a norther comes in, clouds up the sky, winds shift from southeast to northwest, and temp drops 20 degrees, that effects fishin. then vice versa, its been cold, cloudy, wet, and dreary for several days and then you get one of those springlike sunny days, im fishin lol.

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    id look for a day where it is going to warm the water up a little bit. i think that would be a good day for fishing.

7. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    fish are always bitting you just got to find where ,on what, and at what depth.

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with Jim...never a bad day for fishing:big_smile: sometimes you can have a bad day catching:smile2: I guess some days the fish have to win