How do you rig for crappie fishing?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Redneck in a Skiboat, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm really interested in rigs for drifting and trolling. I pretty much grew up on the ol' bobber, split shot, and # 2 gold hook or a jig, but if you got a new spin on that let's hear it.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    drifting and slow trolling i use long poles and use a modified three way rig.i put the smallest sinker i can get by with on the bottom and 2 to 3 jigs or minnows up the line.if im useing my big motor to troll i use a small crank bait with a slip sinker to get it down to the depth the fish are.

3. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hey Johnnie when said three way, is that a three way swivel or do you use a swivel? What about the sinker? Is it a Bell sinker?

Thanks for sharing!

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I usually hook a minnow by the tail and use just enough weight to cast to where I want. Sometimes I put a split shot under a bobber so I know where the thing is, and then sloooowly reel in. If there ain't nothin where I cast to, I can bring it to where the fish are by slowly reelin in. This helps keep the minnow from goin too deep, crappie are likely to come up for a minnow instead of going deeper