How do you rig a no roll sinker?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by kycatman01, Jul 7, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    how do you all rig the no roll sinker? i am new to the no roll sinker setup. what size sinker do you use in the ohio river, ky river, and other large rivers.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I use it just like a Carolina Rig or a Slip Rig. Just instead of an Egg sinker you use a no roll. That is what I do anyway.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    The size of the no roll depends on current and where your fishing. Stronger the current the more weight you need.

4. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    I use it just like a Carolina Rig or a Slip Rig. just use the no roll insted of the barrel sinker.i usually use a 1 - 3 oz. sinker depending on the amount of curent

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    so, it slides freely up and down your line like an egg sinker.

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is correct. It just will not roll around on a flat bottem like a egg sinker will. Just the difference in how the sinker sits.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks alot for the info. do you know if they sell the no roll at wal-mart? i would like to try them.

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I dont think they do, I have never seen them anyway. Most of your baitshops will carry them. They are the only sinker that I use.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    You'll have to go to baitshop or outdoors store to find them usually. If you really are big into fishing you can buy your own casting stuff too.

10. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have always used the egg sinker. i have noticed that sometimes they do roll pretty good. seems like when a fish hits, they roll forever. so, i am going to try the no roll.

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    If you like them you can purchase the molds also and make your own. A ton of BOC brothers do that. There is usually a No Roll party at the gatherings as well. A good way to get some. I am sure someone will be making them at the National Gathering in September. If nothing else, come there and I will give you some of mine.

12. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I put a carolina bead between the sinker and the barrel swivel to keep the sinker off your knot. These are the only sinkers I use. Hope this helps. Good luck!

13. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do the no roll sinkers allow you to use a lighter weight or do you still need the same size as you would an egg or bank sinker?

14. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i would love to go to the gathering. it sounds like a blast! i don't know if i will be able to make it. i am definately going to try. i have a friend that would like to go, but he is not in the boc(due to not having a computer). would there be anyway that he would be able to attend, also? i don't know the rules that good. he is very interested in catfishing. we go almost every night.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I am allmost certain that guests can go the NAT.GARTHERING. bring him on. A guest is someone who hasn't joined yet ,but most likely will in time. BRING HIM ON WITH YOU!!

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sounds like these guys have got you covered