How do you post videos on here?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Dec 8, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I guess i'm computer illiterate...:confused2::smile2:
    I'm trying to figure out how to post a you tube video on here and just not smart enough to do it...My head was hurting already, now its even worse!:smile2:

2. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When you go to post, click on the link icon above the message box (looks like a globe with a chain link on it)... then just put in the url for the video or whatever the link is you'd like to use... at least that's how I figured it.. I'm sure you can embed the video somehow?

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks! You beat me to the video I wanted. I'm curious as how to embed the videos in the posts? :confused2:

4. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think they (the mods) may have html disabled for posting... so, I'm going to go ahead and let one of them tell you how (and if) you can embed a video directly... I don't think I've seen anyone but mods do it, so it may be restricted to just them...

Sorry.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I've seen other posts with embedded videos in them. I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure there are. Oh well,if not its no big deal. Thanks for the info!!!

6. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Click here for Paul's post on how to embed videos. :0a26:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thank You very much!!! I knew I had seen a post like that but couldn't find it. Jerry already beat me to the video I was gonna embed. I guess i'll have to find another! :crazy::big_smile:

Thanks again!!!

8. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Go ahead and embed it, John - I want you to have ALL the credit for it! :big_smile: