How do you pass time in the off season ?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catfish Killer, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Catfish Killer

Catfish Killer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I am obsessive compulsive abut keeping my gear clean and looking nice. Things like cleaning my reels, rods, and utility boxes organized and clean are half the fun of fishing for me, especially now that cold weather is here. Its just something to keep me busy. I already made 500 leaders, fixed and cleaned all my rod, and reels, sharpened all my hooks, and am in the process of designing a 1000 gallon bait tank. I find it much easier to a lot of scouting now that trees and under brush is thinning out. I also have about 363 fishing pic's from this summer to organize, but there is still 5 months until the cats become active again around here. There is a warm water dicharge nere me but the fishing there is not real good but it dose help to keep my fever down. I was hoping people can share what they do to pass the time so we all can stay busy doing things that we maybe never would have thought of.

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    clean the fishing gear and break out the shotgun:big_smile:

3. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio

For me it's these. I also am am obsessed by the weather which fits nicely with fishing I might add.

Attached Files:

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    eh... what off season? I may take a few hours off on Saturdays to watch the game... but that is not an entire season. Fish still eat... water is still wet... lets go fishing.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Cattin is pretty much over up here till spring. In about two weeks ill start checking out all my ice fishing gear. Our ice fishing season usually starts in late December, and lasts through March.

6. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't have an off season for fishing. When the temps get down low enough (in a couple weeks) I'll be ice fishing of the hard deck and fly fishing the water that is still soft or moving.

7. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I normally will fish for trout during the "off" season. Of course, that's when I'm not up to my neck in yardwork or other things that need to be done around the house. Then again, out here, the surest sign of winter is that all the bicyclists wear long pants :wink:.

-- Rich

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Couldnt have said it better.

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I do most of my sinker making during the colder months. But I never quit fishing. Vern

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Trick question. By fishing of course silly goose LOL

11. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Brother I did not know there was a off Season???Here in Oklahoma the catfish eat all year long and us OKIE'S catfish all year long,(THANK GOD)..To bad to here Yall got's season's there in Pa,Yall come on down here to OkLAHOMA and we will Hook em up.......Okie catfishpat........

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Here, in Alabama u can fish year round so there is no off season.

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    OFF SEASON?????? What is that???
    It get's cold enough to freeze the b*lls off of a brass monkey and I never quit fishing!!!
    So I ask again, What is an off season???

14. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i dont know what im going to do lol since this is my first real year getting back into fishing i really never had to think about it lol. i think im going to try and find some holes where the fish are hiding and see if i can get anything. ill prolly do some scouting for some new spots. read lots of catfishing books trying to learn everything there is about them. ill have school work to do. and movies. oh yeah and the BOC haha!

15. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    K/F Killer,

keep fishing.... go somewhere else. bait up the warm water discharge, but keep fishling.... sounds like your doing all the important stuff..... work on the photos.....I have a computer in the RV and arrange pics when I am not fishing or doing camp site stuff..

Happy Holidays

Bayrunner ray

16. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    ya i dont really have an off season. i may go less because its huntin season. but I never take off. plan on goin out today for a lil cattn

17. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Damn right! I couldn't have said it any better!

18. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish all year and I guess in my off time I am buildin stuff in the garage. But if you got ice I'd be fishin, I used to live in mn and I fished every night after work.

19. ironorr

ironorr New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Panfish and pike season time my brothers!:big_smile:

20. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    as others have suggested...i don't have an off season. The colder weather presents more fishin opportunities for me.

I do not fish exclusively to catch, i fish to "be there", to enjoy God's creation without so many freakin other people screwin it up...lol The colder months are the months to enjoy the solitude of nature and the experience of the chase.

EDIT: i should prolly post some cold weather pic, or at least change my icon to a cold weather pic for the season

cyas
    rc