How do you mount a trolling motor to front of jon when it comes to a point

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Montgomery, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i have a 14 foot semi v bottom jon . that comes to a point . how could i mount a trolling motor there . i have a 3 horse evenrude for the back. any sugestions would be great guys . thank you mike !

2. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    We had one years ago and used treated 4x2's bolted to the boat to mount the trolling motor to..

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The clamps on a trolling motor will fit just about anywhere. You may need to put a 1" X 4" block of wood in the clamp so it will hold right. I have seen trolling motors on the stern, bow, and amidship on jon boats. I doubt you'd want to spend the cash to purchase a mount made for your boat. It's just as easy to offset it one or two inches and it will work.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got an aluminum jonboat with a modified pointed front (Lowe 1648 Bigjon). To use my sternmount TM, I a big 'L' shaped piece of angle iron to the front of the seat, right up in the 'V'; when I changed to a bow mount, I fastened a board along one side and mounted the TM to that.

5. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    We took a flat piece of metal, approx 10-12' long,that lays flat on the bow of the boat that extends from the side 6-8 inches out. Then take a L-shape piece of metal, bolt the 2 pieces together on your boat. Bolt a piece of 2x4 to the metal, again 6-8" (or long enough to hold your trolling motor). This is hard to describe in words. If you want, I can take a few pictures of ours and send to you. This has worked beautiful on our v-shape jon.
    Be safe

6. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i think the board will work . i dont know why i hadn't thought of that yet. i swear i would be lost with out you guys

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Well Linda, I see by your stats your getting right on up there. Pretty impressive for four posts. But at any rate, welcome to the B.O.C. I hope you enjoy this experience.

8. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    This is especially for Montgomery, I cannot PM anyone yet due to not enough posts. Left my camera at a friend's house, will get it back Sunday. I will post pictures Sunday night of what we have rigged up.
    Linda

BE SAFE