How do you make ends meet?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by nightrider, Aug 18, 2006.

1. nightrider

nightrider New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    It is plain to see that we in the Brotherhood come from all walks of life. It is nice to know that we all have something in common with so many others. I was wondering what you guys and gals do between fishing trips? I work for a quality assurance company in Louisiana. We work mainly on equipment for the oil & gas industry. We verify that these companies are building the equipment to industry standards. This can be very frustrating at times, but it has to be done so I can go fishing and the bills get paid. Let the Brotherhood know what it is that you do.

Joe/nightrider

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I have mini storage units, house rentals, boat storage units, also have a motorgrader, loader and trucks and do some dirt work. Have several big tractors and mowers and do large areas and oil field lease roads.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I repair vending/fountain machines for Coca Cola and I make ends meet by living on a "written budget" and spending less than I make. :big_smile:

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am a licensed post treatment plant engineer. i peel pine wood post for fencing, pressure treat them with CCA or ACQ to perserve them. you know keep bugs, mold, and rot from destroying them. when they are treated, they will last about 40 years. not a fun job, but it pays the bills.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You got it Eric! Don't live beyond your means and stick to the budget. Dam solid advice!

6. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I serve cocktails wines and spirits at a local watering hole. Being a 3am bar I'm always the one who gets the blame for getting you waisted
    Trevor

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    VERY CAREFULLY! LOL:lol: We have a very tight written budget with just a little wiggle room. Usually used up by the electric bill:sad2: . I have everything written down & added up to the penny! I was thrilled when my oldest daughter got off her formula, WIC never supplied enough & we had to buy it. That stuffis expensive! LOL Now I am working on the toilet training thing for both my girls.... the savings on diapers monthly will actually allow us to pay off some bills & hopefully start getting out of the hole we are in! OOOOH I can't wait! LOL:lol:
    Lisa

8. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    I'm a 3D graphic artist.....but Akwolf pays all our bills. :smile2:

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I own and operate my own Painting contracting bussiness . I'm an journeyman painter that got tired of all the traveling for work so I start my own company 4 years ago and now I take alot of headache pills .lol