How do you keep your bream/bait?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bradley_G, Jul 27, 2009.

1. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    okay, now that we know how you like to kill your bait, lets talk about how you keep it alive, and for how long. those of you with bait tanks, tell (or show) us your setups.

2. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I've got an old cooler that I setup with a smal 50gph submersible filter and an aerator. I try and drop some gel packs in there to keep the water temp low and I have kept 20+ small bream alive for just about a week. and it's small enough that I can just take the guts out and put it in the boat. keeps the water temp low and I put my batt powered aerator in it. Seems to work so far.

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    here lately i've been catchin mine off the boat on my way out. 5 gallon bucket, and i have a power bubbles hooked up to my battery with two large air stones. Since the water is so warm I also put a 20oz pop bottle in there with frozen water to cool the water down Slowly......once i catch enough bream for the night, I do a 100% water change since they seem to dirty the water up really good within the first 10 minutes of being caught...they stay very lively when you take good care of them, and I can hear them banging around in the bucket throughout the night....

4. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    yeah it seems the trauma of being caught makes them crap a weeks worth.