How do you indentify

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by smokey, Jan 3, 2009.

How do you spot a BOC member when fishing?

1. have it set up

2. from garb

3. from avatar

4. from BSing with a fellow fisherman

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How do you know a BOC member when you show up and hook up with a member?
    Have it set up?

See BOC garb?

From an Avitor

from Bs chat?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    normally it just comes up in conversation for me. When the event/meeting is planned then it is quite different

3. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Smokey it would sure be nice if we had a way to tell.It is hard to recognize from a picture sometimes.I went to Shiloh Reds house and if I had not been at his house I would not have recognized him.I had him pictured a lot shorter and heavier from his avatar.I saw Shane at C City and wasnt sure til later it was him.A lot of times you aren't close enough to speak so you just don't know for sure.Maybe we all need to gat us a set of them big mouse ears or something.:smile2:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Let's get us a big set of catfish fins, then we can POKE anyone we don't think looks kosher. :smile2:

The Mickey Mouse ears sound reasonable though. I'd like to see several of the BOC brothers in Mickey Mouse ears....might be rather amusing.

I don't have much experience in meeting up with BOC members in order to fish Joe. But at the national gathering '06, I recognized most of 'em by their avatars. I also heard from several that THEY believed avatars weren't accurate. So who knows?

I can't vote for BS however. If I met up with some of these fellers (sorry, but haven't dealt with this regarding female members) and they shot me the same lines of BS......hmmmm.......

OH, you mean a PLANNED fishing trip. Perhaps identifying by BS would be okay in that case. :wink:

What I'D like to know is: Who can talk the talk and then walk the walk? (Including myself :smile2:)

5. Live2Fish.Fish2Live

Live2Fish.Fish2Live New Member

State:
    Dickson,Tennessee
    Gatortail and I met some BOC brothers while fishing for skippies at Cumberland City. We were just BS'ing and found out they were members.
    We later met some other members while fishing a Catfish Tourney down there too (also by means of BS'ing). I guess he and I talk too much cause we have the gift of gab. I always try and wear my shirt or hat so people will see it if they are members or ask questions about the BOC if they aren't members.

6. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    tattos on the forehead its the only way to go

7. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I see others wearing a shirt, or a hat, lots of times I see a decals on their Truck or car. Once I spot something then I start the BS. I don't want to give out any good info to just anybody.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Heck Smokey We are Easy to spot,Most of us will be a wearing Bibs,Tennis Shoes with No socks,Missing some Teeth,and have a Strong Odor of Stink Bait and Shad Guts,And if your down wind it's even Easier to spot Us !!! :wink: LOL,J.D.

9. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    maybe one day i can get a shirt and sticker so when im out i can be known lol

10. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Maybe if we all had the same boat.... I can see the headlines now... "Sea Ark gives each BOC member a new boat" :eek:oooh:

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    good one Joey. That would work for me.Have you ever thought about tradin that horse for lead for sinkers?
    smokey

12. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm sure I could get quite a few sinkers for the horse...lol