How do you I.D. the difference between the 2005/2006 ABU 6500C3?,

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Larry, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Was doing some shopping/ research today, for reels Happend to to be talking to the guy at Gander Mt. I asked him how he could tell the difference between the 2005/2006 model. The only answer he could tell me was the color of the handles and release, and the sheen on the metal. I quized the guy further and thats all he could say. I believe him (I guess) and I was able to compare both side by side. They are different. (I guess I thought there would be more specific ways to I.D)
    Any thoughts

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    The quickest way to tell is that they removed the cheap looking tape around the edges with the lettering. The Catfish Connection I believe has pictures of both. They are also one of our sponsors you see on the far right of the page as well as the link to go there.;)

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I dont know if their is a difference in the 05-06 c3s but they came out "with the new Classic C3 Reel. It features high performance gearing, improving on the hand-cut quality that Ambassadeur reels are famous for. You'll also appreciate a more durable levelwind. The Carbon Matrix Drag fill handle battle after battle without fail. Two precision stainless-steel ball bearings and one roller bearing make for dependable and smooth action." (quote from cabelas add)too lazy to type. the classics are 10$ more but for 15$ more than that you can have the reg 7000c3:)