How do you I.D. the difference between the 2005/2006 ABU 6500C3?,

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Larry, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Larry

Larry New Member

Was doing some shopping/ research today, for reels Happend to to be talking to the guy at Gander Mt. I asked him how he could tell the difference between the 2005/2006 model. The only answer he could tell me was the color of the handles and release, and the sheen on the metal. I quized the guy further and thats all he could say. I believe him (I guess) and I was able to compare both side by side. They are different. (I guess I thought there would be more specific ways to I.D)
    Any thoughts
  2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    The quickest way to tell is that they removed the cheap looking tape around the edges with the lettering. The Catfish Connection I believe has pictures of both. They are also one of our sponsors you see on the far right of the page as well as the link to go there.;)

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

I dont know if their is a difference in the 05-06 c3s but they came out "with the new Classic C3 Reel. It features high performance gearing, improving on the hand-cut quality that Ambassadeur reels are famous for. You'll also appreciate a more durable levelwind. The Carbon Matrix Drag fill handle battle after battle without fail. Two precision stainless-steel ball bearings and one roller bearing make for dependable and smooth action." (quote from cabelas add)too lazy to type. the classics are 10$ more but for 15$ more than that you can have the reg 7000c3:)