how do you fish your circle hooks?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Chief, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i like to put my rods in holders at 45-60 degrees and keep my line tight, all i have to do is pick the rod up and reel in once it bends over and stays over.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Clayton, I leave mine in free spool with the bait clickers on, I let the fish run alittle than pick-up and start reeling.

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    When drifting ,i use 25 deg. rod holders, when the rod loads-up ,he is on ,just bring him in. A friend once asked me when a rod went down, do you think its in his mouth, I said ,Son- he ain't got no hands.. hu:lol:

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I just hold on to my rod at give or take 45 degrees and when it bends over, I gently sweep it to the side, to confirm the hookset, then reel 'em in.

-Red

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I don't use them all that much, because fish tend to gut hook themselves when I use them, but I just set my rod at a 45 to 60 degree angle with a flexible rod. I just let the thing start bouncing a lot, and then I pick it up, raise the rod tip, and reel them in.

6. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats wierd i've never gut hooked with a circle they always find there way into the corner of the mouth

7. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea iv never guthooked one on circles befor at all
    i set in the rod holder with a tight line
    i think a little more flexible rod tip will set the hook in it better by letting it load up alot
    once they hit dont get real excited just keep watching until it stays down a few seconds
    you can pick up to early but once it is set it will stay in for a long time so dont get anxious thats where iv lost most fish that got off

8. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    and usualy the hook will be in the corner or if the hook was too big the eye is possible