How Do You Feel About This E-Bay Ad ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Feb 5, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd like to hear what some of you think of tis. This is a current EBAY Auction. The guy is sellign the rights to his Catfish. This has ZERO bids.

"gotta nail their heads to a board and listen to them scream while you pull the skin off. YUK!"

The following was taken right from his auction description:

"Okay then, here's the situation... I built a pond about fifteen years ago and stocked it with fish... blue gil, sunfish, bass, and catfish. Well, the dumb catfish have taken over.

I figure there are about 50 or 60 of the buggers in the pond... haven't been able to count them. Anyway, I don't want them there.

So, here's the deal... I'm selling the right for someone to come to my pond and fish the catfish out.

The winning bidder can come to my pond up to three times... maybe more... we'll see... (dates and times to be mutually agreed on) and catch as many of the catfish as possible. Dads can bring their kids and wifes/girlfriends... hopefully not at the same time. Ladies are welcome... with or without husband/boyfriend. No "groups". No booze or drugs allowed on my property.

You can use a rod and reel or net or any other method you want.... except for dynamite! This ain't sport. It's a harvest. You supply your own fishing gear.

Most of the cats are nice size... 10" - 18" long and I'm guessing 1 - 3 pounds each. I've caught and cleaned a few and fried them up in beer batter (good eatin'... yum) but the cleaning is more than I can handle.... gotta nail their heads to a board and listen to them scream while you pull the skin off. YUK!

So, please come and catch my catfish. I'm home most of the time so it should be easy to arrange mutually convenient fishin' dates
    "

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    All I'm gonna say is....that's crazy!

3. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Weird. They've been in there for fifteen years and they're only 10-18inches long:confused: I don't know about anybody else but I wouldn't pay to fish it out. Just my opinion. Also if people are using nets and anything but dynamite he may as well kiss the rest of his fish goodbye as well.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You never told us you had a pond at your house. Now we know where you catch all those big catfish, LMAO!!! You should know better than to try to sell fishing rights to it, LOL!!!

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    If thats all the bigger his cats are then I would say he has some other issues with the pond going on.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    To me, something just doest seem right.

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    that is very weird, i dont think i would trust it

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    That is the fish he is seeing or catching.
    The waterhole in my backyard, you can always see big balls of fingerling channel swimming around and the occasional 1-3 pounder.
    But 20 months ago I put some nice blues and 1 flat in it.
    Never have seen them fish anymore until a 15 pound blue floated up this week.
    Yea. I'd fish it in a heartbeat. The worst part of it is wading through all the little ones to get to the big ones that have to be there.

9. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    great now we have payponds on ebay

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    No booze,no drugs and no dynamite! Whats the sense of goin? LOL!

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Man I love to see dumb people like that.. Just think 15 years worth of growing. Sure would love to see someone sneek a 25 lb flathead in there . That would fix his pond up.
    Pete

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I'm with you on that Pete, if those cats have been in their 15 years no one is gonna fish them out. Maybe puttin a couple flatties in there would thin them out but still won't get rid of them totally. My cousin put a couple in his pond many years ago and all it did was make it a better fishery.

Mellon I think its just those PETA folks tryin to lure you in so they can take a whack at ya, take the .45..LOL;)

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Seems like a scam, and if not he sure isnt a cat man, nor does it sound like he knows what the heck he is doing. But does seem like scam, their are alot of them on ebay, always a way to get around the security their.

14. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Sounds like this guy is clueless when it comes to managing a pond. Catfish don't hurt a fishery. To me it seems he just doesn't consider a catfish to be what it truly is...a sportfish. Some people just have bass on the brain. What he really needs I'd bet is more forage for the fish to eat. Perhaps he should just keep all of them he catches...and have a fish fry.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Right. He doesnt understand the species. I agree w/ the other comment, a paypond on Ebay. :sad: I would hate to see this catch on.

I'm not sur eif it's even within the law. Think about it, you cant sell fillets, as we've been discussiing. This guy basically says THIS ISNT A SPORT, just harvesting, so I dont know if he can legally make a profitt on such a thing.

16. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Bwhaaaaaaaa!!;)

17. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    SOunds like this guy is homely and looking for women. He wants the women to leave there husbands/boyfriends at home. LOL

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I still think that Mellon is trying to turn his pond itto a pay pond on Ebay, LOL!!!

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    LOL That may be it.
    pete

20. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I agree. LOL If i'm payin i want to blow sumthin up!