How do you deal with Cabin Fever

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Winter is approaching and I wonder what everyone does to pass the cold days when you cant get outside?

2. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I can always get out to do something. I spend a lot of time sitting in an ice shanty. I make full use of electronics to find the fish and sometimes lower a camera down to watch the fish hit. There are sinkers to make for next year. and can't forget all the time spent here on the computer. Also that great winter past time of shoveling snow.

3. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a holiday Inn. I dump two bottles of aspirin and a bucket of water down the chimney, repeat as necessary. Call me in three days. $50.00

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    There are no such days...I can always get out and about. I may have to dress more warmly on some days but I've been fishing in 30 below so there's no weather that will keep me inside if I want to be outside.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    There is always work to be done around the house. Now when the wife starts chattering off then it's time to find the local watering hole an wash down a few suds. All jokes a side I do alot of saugeye fishing in the coldest times.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Fortunately the weather doesn't get that bad here, but I can always find something in the garage to keep me busy,Speaking of which I really need to get in there some day and clean things up Too much damn fishing and boating gear in there or hang out on someplace called Catfish1.com.:wink:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I take the time to clean all of my rods/reels, replace anything that is broken or defective. Snell many sizes of hooks. Replace as needed. Melt lead and make sinkers. Keep a hot charge on all boat batteries. Check out all other boat/fishing equipment. Always something to do.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    My wife has a list of things she wants done every winter . Remodel the bathrooms , kitchen , floors , and so on . Last winter it was 1 bathroom remodeled , a slate floor in the dining room , hardwood in kitchen and livingroom . This year is another bathroom to be remodeled , hardwood in a bedroom , and carpet back in the living room ....lol .

Plus I am putting new siding on the house cause she wants it sage color and a new roof in spring cause she wants it from black 3 tabs to tan 3-d shingles . I have to remind her this isnt like changing clothes ....lol

If I have time I monkey around in the garage with my own stuff .

9. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This will really help Cabin Fever,Use your lights in the house in the daytime.I dont remember what it is but somthing The sunlight peovides is what makes you good on sunny days.Sometimes you can trick your body to think its a nice sunny day.On the few day that the sun dose shine make sure you get out in it.When it really gets bad time to start getting ready for fishing, Respool your line,make sinkers,clean your tackle box.
    smokey

10. Sounds like an expensive winter in your house hoss!:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

I get out when I can, more than most of the fishermen in this area. Or work in the garage and tinker. Got the beer fridge in there too.:big_smile:

11. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    OK real simple as the chill gets in the air the seasonal depression sets in with me..........I hate winter for sure. Hate being trapped inside and sitting watching tv about the newest opinions the new folks have and not hearing the whole story. hate tv period. I get moody when the cool weather starts. Just last weekend I started complaining to hubby. MAN! I wish they wouldn't do this daylight savings time thing! I do not farm! LOL I figure since I have fished so late into the year it is going to get real bad this year. Might just take the tape recorder down to the river tape me some bonified river sounds and then when I get down and out jump into the tanning bed and put on the head phones! LOL ROFL

12. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Well I tell ya what. I don't get cabin fever and heres why. I love to fish and hunt but even when the wife says not today mister I can still get on the ole video game and go where ever I want. Theres all kinds of fishing and hunting games out there. Games are not just for kids any more. :wink:

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Damn sounds like you are going to have it bad . Tie a line to the hubby and make him set off the clicker on a reel while you are listening to those river sounds...lol

Funny story ....... In the summer we are in the pool alot . My grandson (9) will set on the ladder with a rod and reel , he will cast just a sinker into the water and me (a 367 pound catfish) has to go under and get it so he gets a bite , strip drag do a little flopping then get reeled in ....lol
    He hates it when I throw the hook (sinker) ...lol

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I hunt, crappie fish, but mostly hunt. Always some critter to chase

15. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i never stay inside i even go fishin in the snow. we dont get much snow here is sc though. there isnt any weather in sc other than lightning that will keep me from bein outside

16. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Ummm....

Attached Files:

17. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  18. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    sinker making equipment and gear checks,cleaning,repairs,list of things I need,ice fishing,tinkering around in garage building new equipment from any ideas I had,go out and do a little hunting maybe,and spending time on the computer,pulling folks out of ditches after a snow or ice storm,keeping the snow and ice off the driveway so the road plow can through it all back into my driveway,spending a quiet evening with the family nice and toasty while it's 80 below windsheilds out and the normal temp is down to -10 or -20, tying jigs at my desk with fur and feathers from hunting,man I don't have time to get cabin fever,but I have busted ice at the boat ramp both fall and spring to get the boat launched,why wait for mother nature if the main lake is open you just gotta work a little to get out there. with a little work you can shorten the winter time to just a month or three,and if you live near a power plant with a warm water discharge you never have to quit fishing at all.

19. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    That is easy THE BOC,I have this computer in front of me to use as I wish.I use to check out all that I can about fishing.there are 12 of us in my family, my father was a (fishing nut) out of all my brothers and sisters,I am the only (fishing nut) in the family.I use (google earth) to check out all the spots that have fished or want to fish .The web to get maps of rivers and lakes(army corps of engineers) to download to computer.I check out all the con. dept. web sites MO,IL,KS,AR,and KY states,fish population in lakes and rivers. I realy like the Team catfish site, I hope to order my wifes christmas from them. with having three operation this year I would have gone crazy with out the all the info at my finger tips.I also tie bucktail walleye jigs, pour weights for catfishing and work on my knots and riggings!I wish I knew more about computers,I am learning slow but learning .there is always smomething new to learn about FISHING. my wife does not fish:wink::big_smile::big_smile: lucy me !:cool2:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  20. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I go outside!:wink:

No such thing as not being able to get out of the house. The weather may not be the best, but it isn't going to stop me if I want to get out. I have cold weather gear and a 4 wheel drive truck. Not much can keep me from doing what I want.

Although, ice on the water will definately stop me from fishing. I have no interest in ice fishing either.