How do you break a fishing partner of a bad habit.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathunter, Apr 18, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have this certain fishing buddy who has a very, very bad habit..We target flatheads at night most of the time...The partner has this habit of constantly shining his flash lite of the water, every little spash he hears out comes the flashlite and the river is lit up like the 4th of july..Now we know flatheads are sensative to strange lite, so this is not good at all...Any idea how to break my partner of this habit?:mad:

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Break the flashlight on your partner!:p

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Ya know, I started to suggest that you just explain it to your partner. Then I realized who I was responding to AND who the partner most likely was. Needless to say I am going to just shut up and sit back and lmao at the posts that follow! :big_smile:

4. Slimkat

Slimkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I Agree With Ramrod. Lol

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I refuse to name this fishing buddy of mine that does this, but his initials are H20! This aint a joke either! Maybe after reading this thread he can take a hint, and STOP IT!..lol

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Jack simply take the good batterys out of his flashlight and replace with dead ones. THe advantages are two fold, Your partner won't be able to use the flashlight and You'll always have batterys

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great idea Brad! If he ever gets one of those huge 10 million candle power lanterns I think I will have to throw a major fit right there on the river bank.

8. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    I have friends with bad fishing habits like when they have a snag they are trying to get out they about swing the pole into your head and hit all of the lines on the rod rester messing up the positioning and tangling everything up..

What I do to fix this (short of beating everyone up and tossing them in the river) is explain to them what's wrong and tell them how to correct their problem without doing what they were doing.

So if your friend wants to see what went splash, send him into the water after it! :)

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    ha , ha one of my pet peaves. i have ask more than one of my fishing partners to not shine the water. i have also throne more than one flashlight in the lake to get the point across. it goes like this." hey let me barrow your light a minute.ill bye you a new one when we get to town. splash." by the time it gets this far we have probably made our last trip together.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ahh..... The beauty of a RED LIGHT. I am going to buy a 10,000,000 candle power RED FILTER and shine to my heart's content! :feel_good:

Now I think I did pretty good on the only trip we've had at night this year. I dont think I shined it on the water much.

Now for the rest of the story: I am FINE w/ out any light at all, but Flahtunter begs me to bring flashlights or laterns. He is affraid of the dark and thinks he will get eaten by Bigfoot. :haha: Okay well, maybe it's not that bad, I would give $100 if I could find his old post about being ran out of his fishing spot by "Bigfoot". Yes "Bigfoot". I have spent hours trying to find that text, as it was several years ago & was posted on an old now deleted web site.

11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Bigfoot.......Bigfoot, oh come on Man You have got to be kidding Me!!!! ole Jack got chased from his fishing hole By a yeti? a Skunk Ape!!!!! My goodness what are you Ohio Boys doing when your fishing?

12. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Electronic Behavior Modifacation; :hell_boy:

Be the proud owner of the new ande improved, "The Green One" HS2000 Hot-Shot.
    It's great when your catfishing trainee is stubburn and starts shining the light on the water, just give him a few pokes with the HS2000, it's guarenteed to make him forget all about the little noise that scared him.
    Description: Top-Of-The-Line 'Premium' Prod, designed and built for the catfisherman. It has the most power of all the Hot-Shot prods, it is available in 9 lengths and also as a rechargeable prod (model HSR). It also features our Sealed Motor Technology, which means the circuitry is completely sealed against the elements for maximum protection.
    User Testimonials;
    "Best buzzer I've ever been zapped with." -- Anonymous Ohio Catfisherman Trainee

"I always have two Green Prods on hand." Missouri Catfisherman Trainer

"I purchased this Hot-Shot at Catfish Connection, and I think it is the greatest thing since peanut-butter and jelly." -- Jack Ebline, Ohio

Attached Files:

13. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    You have to love the electronic behavior modification Idea flathunter! Can you just imagine the look on his face after receiving a little jolt...LOL

14. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Lord it looks like ol JW jr and DH jr are at it again......LOL

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe I could get a tazer, and give him a shot of that whenever he feels the need to lite up the river, bet he would not do it agin:big_smile_2:

16. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Have you tried to let him know not to use the flashlight in a sensitive, calming voice and smile while you explain to him that the may possibly be scared off?

If that dosen't work then zapp him with the tazer!

17. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow imagine how suprised I was when I heard that H2O and Flat actually went on the water together. And here all I thought they did was spar on the BOC. Of the 1500 posts that they each have I bet only 10% isn't poking fun at each other. But now I lost what I was going to say cause I am still laughing that they have time to fish.:tounge_out:

18. mckiss

mckiss New Member

State:
    kansas
    i fixed a friend like that once ,i bought a 1 million candel light for frogging ,when he shined his flaslight at the water when we was fishing i took out the spot light pointed it at him n hit the switch ,real quick ,needless to say he couldnt shit nothing after that for a few seconds ,then said if you was a fish could you see the bait i just put in the water ,he said no ,but fish smell their bait ,i said you wanta fine out how to smell bait too ,you can do that after you get over your cold when i throw you in to smell it ,it fixed him

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack I know how it is,but my story has a slight twist! One of my fishing partners (and I won't divulge his name either) is a sponsor from Coshocton. One night we are on the river and he starts shining his spot on the log blow downs we are fishing! I wasn't going to say any thing seeing that it was his boat and all.Then "wham" I get a shovel head bight! and so does Shawn(oops). So the bite slows down again and we decide to try shining the light again,and what do you think, another couple of bites! Go Figger. :haha: lol ha ha

20. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ask to borrow the light and accidetally drop it in the river....hehehhehehehe!

My daughter used to do that. It turns out she was actually scared of what the noises where. She thought there may be alligators. I explained to her that we do not have alligators in our water and it stopped.