How do y'all handle this?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by boswifedeb, Jun 1, 2008.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I'm not an unsociable person. I don't mind someone walking by or passing in a boat and asking " Caught any yet?" or "Nice day, huh?" or anything like that. That's just being polite. What I don't like is someone trying to horn in on a fishing spot. Don't get me wrong. If it's public property, everyone has a right to be there. But if the spot is not very large, and it is obviously being occupied, why on earth do some folks insist on trying make themselves at home when there isn't enough room? :eek:oooh:

How do y'all handle this situation?

Deb

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    i hate to say it but I hate that too!!:angry: What i do to kinda solve the problem is just move to a diffrent location. I know I was there first but i hate it too when people do that. I don't want to get in a alltercation on the water or get myself in anytrouble. I have found the best thing to do is leave. :embarassed: I always say something like I'm glad you are able to join me but I only sent out 2 invocations and they was to me and my fishing partner.

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Best use for stinkbait IMO is to keep nosey people and others who try to squeeze you out. or get a good airtight container and put some decaying shad or liver in it that will work also.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    some fellas cramped into a spot on me one time. there was 4 of them on board. they were unskilled and under educated in the tackle this spot required. they lost a rod that was pulled off the boat. no rodholders.

they broke a line. and they were cramping me with 6 lines out. well i got about an 8lb fish on. i let him have line. he went right through theres. i was ysing 30lb test. they had zebco 33s and such with light line. i got the fish to the boat. it had brought all 6 of there lines in. the 30lb test was easy to thread through theres. and when done in a few seconds i made sure theres was a mess. and when i tossed the line back in ii tossed it on the bouys on the cable. they had to cut all there lines and re rig. they began casting way away from me after that.:smile2:

i hate being cramped. i dont say much. but i prove my point somehow. once i put in a rodney carrington cd. lots of bad language. i cranked it. they soon moved. croud me. i will find a way to make ya leave.:big_smile:

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i've been known to make some wild cast's. (i'm not that good with a bait caster yet.) :wink: also, out here, is legal where i fish to shoot guns. i'll bring out cans and start setting up. never had to fire anything yet. LOL.
    seriously, i don't like confrontations. i'm 59, handicapped. maybe, i say maybe in emergency, my training might kick in and body would react. but i'd be hurting for days afterwards. wouldn't want that.
    usually, if i find a small spot, i sent poles up. put chairs off to side, then tackle box off farther. ice chest should take up rest of room to make me comfortable. if they try to crowd, then i try talking. that don't work, then either put up with it, or set pistol out in plain site and and make wild casts.
    gary

6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Thanks for the stories guys! You sure have some interesting techniques!!:wink::big_smile:

Deb

7. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I don't mind it as much as others since i fish out of a boat. if someone wants to drift in the same line or next to me hey there welcome any time. Like anything else it is all in the way you view things. I get more upset with wake boarders and waterskiers, not becaue of the wake but, i am always afraid they may get into my lines. I have several frends on the lake and it is not uncommon for us to fish the same line around each other, it gives us a way to rag on each other or just have a good old time, we respect each others space. There are times when my friends will pull up on my upward side and hook up just to talk, or get or give bait. We fish for the fun and part of the fun is sharing it with others. So next time some one pull up next to you they may just want to be social more than just fish.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now that there is a great idea, I like it!

I knew a guy once that was deer hunting and had camped out along a gravel road miles away from any other hunters. When he got back to camp, later that day, there was a group with 4 cars, had camped right next to him. When they asked him if he had seen anything, he told them "No, never saw anything, but I did take a few shots at a couple deer I heard in the woods. He was camping alone again in less than an hour. LOL

9. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    I usually break out with a showtune such as singng in the rain. It usually works.......... I should go on American Idol

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like that part...good way to teach them a lesson......
    i don't like that part.....why drop down to their level and be rude, crude, and vulgar?

11. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Heck, I'm getting a few ideas here that might work. Thanks.

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    In the winter time, when the striper guides go to a public landing to pick up their party, there will always be one to three boats at the landing waiting on the striper guide to lead them to the fish. Sometimes we look like a convoy setting out for the promise land. Once we get to the creek or cove that we are going to fish, they tend to stay out of the way. Every now and then, we will have a smart a$$ who followed you in to get on a big school and catch more than your boat and they want to pull up next to the guide and brag about how many they caught. Go figure!:crazy:

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    so i can be alone.:wink:

and i like rodney carrington. i was laughing so loud thats probably why they left.

p.s. rodney is a commedian. no i dont listen to loud vulger music. but comedy. ya. in and old cuss.:smile2:

14. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    One time was sorta comical, Me and 3 buddies were fishing at the mouth of a feeder creek that supplies the lake with water for some channels, well we look over our shoulders and here comes some goof balls in thier decked out bass boat. They spend about 20 minutes b.s'ing about what to use and all that crap. Then they squeeze in right next to us, litereally within 15 feet of our boat. What they didnt see was one of my buddies pull a large log out of the water, probably about 4-5 feed long, bout 100 pounds or so. once we got it into the boat we wrapped it in a big black tarp and began talking loudly if anyone will notice, what happens if it starts to float or washes up on shore, so i yelled hey marbels, would you and frankie hurry up dump this wise azz so we can get outta here. When they rolled that log off into the water, those guys froze, sat down thier poles, and went straight to the marina:smile2:

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I ain't too much of a people person ,With crouds an such. If I 'm lookin to fish and theres someone there,I keep goin till I find an empty spot. If I am fishing and it starts getting crouded I usually talk to myself ,saying stuff like :whole da$$m lake to fish and these dumb a$$es have a boat and cant find nowhere else to fish; If that dont work I grumble a little louder about dam Texan tourists oughtta stay in thier own zoo while I pack up and leave. I only have this trouble here at my home lake . Funny It dont ever happen when I go to OK to fish.

16. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I seldom have this problem. Actally, I'm pretty good at runnin people off. Kind of a natural gift, just ask my two ex-wives! :smile2:

17. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh, and yes we pulled the tarp out of the water, no logs were harmed.:smile2:

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I had the same people do it to me time and time again. Ive done the bad cast thing and everything else. Last time it happened "I bank fish by the way" I just stepped about 2 feet over and threw the guys pliers in the water and said ya got 30 seconds or your next. He high tailed it about 50 yards away from me. the next time I saw him coming I just pointed at him and he was at least 100 yards away. I hate to be a deek but enough is enough. This person literally was 5-8 feet next to me and I had warned him before and he said I fish where I want. Thats all it took to unleash the beast. :angry: Now dont get me wrong because I have a few retired military folks I fish with and we can fish right next to each other and dont tangle each other up. But we got to know each other from a respectable distance.

20. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Dear Phil, Rodney don't like you anymore!