How do ya'll clean your toon's carpet?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by daniel-delarosa, Mar 11, 2008.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    How do ya'll clean your carpet in your pontoon? I went jug fishing last weekend and my carpet is really nasty(shad guts, mud and blood). I was thinking of washing it at the carwash, but I'm worried about the carpet seperating from the wood from all the pressure and hot water. Would a regular steam cleaner work?

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I use my pressure washer. Car wash would work also. If you are worried. Just keep the spray tip away from the carpet aways. It loses pressure pretty quick. Take it slow and easy and it should be fine.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Take the pressure washer and do as suggested above and spread you a little dishwashing liquid around on the nasty part and scrub it in with a good broom or brush and hose away.
    I raised my rails up off the floor about 1 inch just for this purpose.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    why clean it? it gives ur boat some character!!!:wink:

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I would think a scrub brush and some soap and water, rinse with hose should do it.

6. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I spray mine down with soap and a squirt bottle let it set a few min then hose it down with water hose. or use to havent cleaned it is a while now. or go fishing in the rain .

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I read somewhere that lemon, orange or any citrus juice will break down blood, has to do with enzymes. I would probably blast away the large chunks first. Hope this helps.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just remembered Hydrogen Peroxide will dissolve blood very well. Hit up the dollar stores for that one.

9. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    take it to the carwash.i have been doing it to mine for 5 years and the carpet is fine.it comes out looking next to new.a lil dishsoap and some scrubbin would'nt hurt either.not too much soap or youll have a boat full of foam!(i put dishsoap in the dishwasher a while back and filled the kitchen floor up with suds pretty good!!!):smile2:

10. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    You better get used to that if you're gonna catfish. I've never seen carpet seperate from the floor on a pontoon. When washing it helps if you can park it on an incline. I purchased some rubber mats from Lowes. They are perforated and help with the footing in the winter time when netting on an iced over carpet. If you ever let a Blue roll around on the floor you will never be able to get that slime off. I've ruined several pair of jeans with that stuff. Its looks like streaks of bleach after they've been washed. I wanted to have my carpet removed and replaced with the spray on stuff they install in truck beds but the cost was prohibitive if you could even find someone willing to do it. Carpet and catfishing do not mix. Some pontoon dealers offer an vinyl floor covering as an option but only with a wood deck and I always buy the metal deck boats. Hate a nasty boat but with netting, cutting the bait and handling the cats its just part of it.

11. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Some carpets and the glue holding them hold up better than others. Good carpet is exspensive and not something yo want to ruin. A squirt of dish washing liquid, some water and a stiff broom does a good job. Rinse wel and you have a nice clean carpet again...until the next trip that you catch a bunch.:wink:

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    my mom uses a pressure washer to wash it

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    What carpet:confused2::smile2:.