How Do Ya Settle In After A LONG Day At Work???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This outta be a goodun! My question is simply that, what do you do to relax after a long day on the job? We all like the money, but often get tired of the b/s to get it.... Here's what I do... Come home, grab a beer, sometimes two! Head to the shower, often taking a bath because lazyness settles in after a long day in the heat ( road construction)... Then , I often do the 3 other "S's" :smile2: S SHoweR and Shave! Then grab the Goldbond Powder to relieve my pain from management that day! :wink: After that I'm usually good to go, unless I have to repeat the process! :roll_eyes::crazy: rollo

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Usually strip off and hit the shower. Get a cold drink and either piddle around outside, cook on the grill and sit in front of this computer.:smile2:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I kick the dog and strip down in order to stand in front of the fan. Then I'll go stand naked next to the wife who is already aslleep and yell, 'TRICK OR TREAT":crazy:

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Since I am lucky enough to work in the air-conditioning.....All I do when I get home is check up on you guys!:crazy:

Always gotta check up on the ramblin. If it's been a particular bad day, I complain in there, then I laugh at what others have written. If there aint nothin funny, I go to read a few jokes.

So I guess the BOC is how I relax!:smile2:

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Geeze Louise Rollo, for God's sake. Goldbond Powder? Just grab another beer. Tomorrows gonna come again and it ain't gonna be any better.

Drink to forget tomorrow and it may never come.

6. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    omg how funny!!!!

grab a beer if i got one and sit on all my forums then might fiddle with some fishin equiptment

i usually carry cpl bass poles and cat poles in truck sometimes if not too tired and wore out will stop on way home at one of several spots

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    First things first...... Grab a brew,Then check the BOC posts,Most importantly,RAMBLIN,then hang out on the puter and maybe chat ,then supper ,shower and snuggle with mama:wink:

8. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Been about 19 years since I came home from work but back then..... The first thing after getting home was jog 3 miles. It help me relax and cure a stress headache that I sometimes had.
    Then had a diet coke. :wink:

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Depends on where I am. When I'm traveling, I get back to the hotel, fool around on line, and often as not order a pizza, and continue to fool around on the 'puter till I go to sleep. Or I may head out for dinner before going back to the hotel. Either way, I spend way too much time on the BOC.

When I'm in town I work from home. So I close the laptop and go see what the heathens are up to out in the yard. Bug the ol' lady about dinner and then after dinner watch some tube with the kids. Except Fridays. Fridays I close the laptop, throw a kid or two in the boat, and go fishin'!

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    if the weather looks good ill stop at a few fishin holes and torment the bass n crappie. when i make it home its a cold busch light a smoke and a chair.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    cold beer, mow the grass, split wood, catch some ac while im grabbing a beer from the fridge, and back to feeding rabbits, cooking dinner, sitting in front of the puter, ect......ect.....ect.....

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    inbetween the boc and tats i just fish when you are not hearing from me i fish thats how i relax

14. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Lots of beer.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some one pass me a brew I am tapping the empty:wink:Hey I am thirsty to hurry up will yas?(LOL)

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Olefin, thanks for providing us with a voice of reason.

With my current situation, not too much relaxation time, so I spend what time I get talking to my wife/baby on webcam or typing on the BOC.

Back home, we have a family dinner (prepared by whoever gets home first) and then I take my wife/baby on a long walk through a nearby park. It gets us outside and allows us to talk about our day, not too mention the health benefits. My baby runs around and checks out flowers and bugs!

Hope I didn't lose too many man points.....................but that is what we do and I wouldn't change it!

17. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    When I was a working stiff, I would get home, change clothes and get my motorcyle out of the basement and go hit the winding roads for 45 minutes to an hour. Return home and then have an adult beverage, eat supper, watch TV and do it all over again.

Now that I'm retired and living on the waters of Lake Norman, I fish, eat, try to watch TV and sleep. Don't need the adult beverage anymore, I now have a spot of green tea, plus some honey and peanut butter. Growing old ain't so bad the way I'm doing it! Did I mention that I fish a little bit?

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you got a pretty good thing going there at Lake Norman. I hope to experience the same type of lifestyle once I retire.

19. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    From the responses above I can only conclude that the majority of members are a bunch of boozers.
    Glad to know ya:wink::wink::wink:
    ...W

20. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well i try to get in my fair share of fishin. since its so close to the house. actually i have to drive past some of my fav. holes on the way to and from work. course, sometimes i get home and work harder than i did while i was at work. (being a homeowner is like being a maintnance man).

but my stypical unwind lately has been: stop by the store on the way home buy beer, ciggs, and 2 snickers almond bars.

go home and give the wiffle bat her almond bar and a glass of milk.

hold my boy while she relaxes for about 5 min. after i got him good and po.ed (screaming) hand him back.

take the dogs out back for a good runnin. usually some fetch, some tug-o-war, hide and seek, chase whatever it takes to wear them out. (tired dogs are well behaved dogs.)

climb back up onto the deck get them fresh water and me fresh beer.

take my boots off and drink 2-3 beers while smoking ciggs and watching the trees melt in the alabama sun.

go inside and get a shower. then start dinner.

take boy away from wife untill i make him mad again. then hand him back and eat my dinner.

go to bed, sort of... sleep, interupted by crying, suckling, pooping, etc. of baby.

wake up a lil late, hit the snooze, wake up a lil later and realize i was dreaming its really too early, get up anyway, take a wake up shower (not to be confused with "special message") and go to work.