How do they know?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Kip Brandel, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Bow season ended here Sunday. On the way to work on Tuesday I counted 21 deer within 5 miles of my driveway! I only saw 3 for the WHOLE deer season which is 4 months long.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm guessin that durein the season ya got a ton of traffic out there. keeps em down and not movein.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Season closed here the 15th. The wife had 13 cross the road in front of her last night on the way home. No traffic so she stopped and counted them. Several more out in the field that did not cross. No horns.

4. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Not really and there is not a lot of hunting around here as it is all private land. There are a few WMA's in the area but they are all farther away than the distance I was at. I noticed around the beginning of the season a lot of people put up "No Hunting" signs. It would be funny to find out that they have been conditioned to go into hiding for so long once they notice the new signs!!!:curl-lip:

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've always thought they read the regulation booklet..maybe the critters, check online with Animal planet....

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I used to swear that the night before opening morning, when we were all sitting around the fire "plotting our strategies", that the deer were doing the same thing!!

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I know that I'm bummed out now, thinking it'll be nearly a year before I get to go after them again. :crying:

8. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Maybe PETA blogged them(or whatever the kids do to each other,lol)? Yep October 1st is a long ways away...

9. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've noticed this too, every year I always see deer and especially pheasants after the season closes.....I don't know how, but they know...oh yes they know:excruciating:

10. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Don't even bring up birds!! There is a corn field about 8 miles from me that was COVERED with Turkeys 2 days after the season ended. When I say covered, I counted about 68 birds and the went over the top of the hill and from farther down the road I could see many birds on the other side than the road was on.

11. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The last few days we had snow and they seemed to be everywhere.

12. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah, we've had snow on the ground most of the winter, making all game stand out better.....great for hunting, but just seems to rub it in any other time.